How Slow are Abritel?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Fifi

How Slow are Abritel?

Post by Fifi »

Just got a message from Abritel warning me that an enquiry I had received was a possible phishing expedition, 24 hours after I received the enquiry (which though vague, had none of the obvious signs of a scam!) and responded to it. Flippin marvellous. Anyway, here is the original message and Abritel's tardy warning.

Vous avez reçu un email du vacancier: rouganne.andre+yvonne_85@gmail.com

Attention ! Il s'agit peut-être d'une arnaque.

En effet, nous vous informons que bon nombre de mails de ce type circulent sur Internet et cette pratique relève de l'hameçonnage (ou phishing). Nous vous recommandons de ne pas y répondre car le principal but de ces emails semble être celui de récupérer des données personnelles vous concernant.

Voici l'email sujet à caution:
"Bonjour,
pouvez-vous m'inqiuer si vous avez une disponibilité pour une semaine en octobre.
acceptez-vous les animaux (chien très calme) ?
Au plaisir de vous lire...
Très cordialement, Yvonne Rouganne"

Sincères salutations,

My reply to the dodgy email simply stated the price of a week in October and asked them to be more precise with dates so I'm not very concerned, but I am surprised that Abritel were so slow!
People who arrive after 10pm, shouldn't expect a hug.....