Mr Dennis Scott - rugby club coach

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Dotty

Mr Dennis Scott - rugby club coach

Post by Dotty »

This came through twice overnight - stinks of scam
Property rental enquiry has been submitted by Mr Dennis Scott

Phone number: 90004 1-5162134660
Email: mrdennisscott at yahoo dot com
Requested date of arrival: 2010-11-01
Requested length of stay: 7

Adults: 2
Children: (under 15)

Additional requests / message from sender:
Hello,
I am Mr Dennis Scott, am a football coach and i work with the EXILES RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB here in USA. I will be coming over to your country on holiday from the 1st of Nov,. on to the 7th of Nov,.2010 for Vacation with my wife Rita.
Could you please send me a more detailed description of your accommodation and What's the cost of rental per week or per night? Exiles rugby will be paying you in advance of our visit so that we can be assured of an accommodation during our stay, because this is our first visit to your country and Exiles rugby is also taking care of all my vacation expenses.
An early reply will be appreciated. Please acknowledge if you can offer this accommodation service and am email, so we can conclude on all other arrangements ASAP, as time is not really on our side
Kind Regards,
Mr Dennis
321 N Larchmont Blvd, Ste 404
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Boots

Dennis Scott Scam

Post by Boots »

Many thanks for flagging this up, Dotty.
I'm fairly new to this holiday rental business, and when I got the same email, I replied saying I was booked on the date required and received an identical mail with different date. Then I found your post - many thanks for confirming my suspicions! (Pureholidayhomes subsequently emailed to say it was indeed a scam)

Anyway, I'm now signed up with LMH....