Gites.nl

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
lasourcetranquille

Gites.nl

Post by lasourcetranquille »

How do you advertise on gites.nl? I don't speak dutch (funnily enough) but if I click the 'english' button it takes me to gites.eu which has far fewer properties on it. If I add my place there does it appear on gites.nl?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I cancelled my ad a while ago, so no help, but was harrassed for payment when I first joined for a free trial. As my hubby had a major accident, I missed the payment reminder, and they made my ad live anyway, then pursued me for weeks for payment, despite me asking to cancel and explaining the circumstances. I paid in the end to get them off my back, and TBH I did get a couple of bookings and continued to list for a while. But it was a bit uncomfortable to say the least.
lasourcetranquille

That's not good. I just think that our place could appeal to the dutch so want to give them a go. It's confusing though as to exactly where my ad would appear...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Looked back through my emails, it definitely appeared on Gites.nl . I'm sure the payment thing was a misunderstanding, but they wouldn't listen to my requests to cancel it as it was overdue.
lasourcetranquille

Just got to this stage in placing an ad:
Gites offers you the possibility to advertise in 4 different languages: Dutch, French, English and German. Adverts in Dutch are placed on www.gites.nl aiming at the Dutch and Belgian market.
All adverts in French, English and German are placed on www.gites.eu thus reaching a wide international market.
So it will only appear on gites.nl if you put it on in dutch...
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm on gites.nl and I didn't put my ads on in Dutch, they were translated into Dutch by the listing site people.
lasourcetranquille

It's very confusing - just compare the number of properties on the gites.nl site to the gites.eu site. No idea what the criteria is then for getting onto both! I've put my ad in dutch and asked them to translate, and added english too. But they haven't asked for money yet...
wallypott

Post by wallypott »

They will though. I agree its not exactly clear - I only really wanted the Dutch bit, since we have pretty good European coverage via HR & co. To be honest I feel I must have done something wrong since I have not even had an enquiry and I know lots of Dutch go to the same place.
Blanche

Post by Blanche »

I listed on gites.nl last year as a gite and campsite in the next village is mostly occupied by the Dutch. We get none. But I didn't get any when I was with gites.nl either so I cancelled after the first year. I paid to have the ad translated into Dutch and they made such a pig's ear of it I had to ask them to do it again.
La Maison du Curé
www.cormatin.eu
nijntje

Post by nijntje »

I am on gites.nl, but then again, I speak dutch :)
But I am sure they will translate your ad for a small fee like LV said. I just checked, the translate is 20 euros. I am only on the gites.nl not the .eu and it works great for us, got about 40% of our bookings trough there. In fact I will only stay with gites.nl and OD next year and will be fine as those 2 produce almost all our bookings (28 weeks so far in our first year!).