Holidaylettings website

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

If it dosen't have a pageid number on in the stats how can I tell what page it was on??
linda147

Post by linda147 »

From what La Vache says I think that means you were on page 1.
I am lucky there are only 3 properties for my area so I am always on page 1 - not bring in great results though!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Last minute enquiry from there this afternoon, which sounds promising, asking if he could pay by credit card etc. NO reply as yet, but a bit early.
Overboard

Post by Overboard »

Page 2 today. 8 Days now and counting. I'm writing back to them.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

linda147 wrote:....I am lucky there are only 3 properties for my area so I am always on page 1 - not bring in great results though!
Linda, not everyone will search as finely as you think. People may simply search on "Costa de la Luz" and find you on one of 10-11 pages ! Even "Cadiz" gives up to 6 pages.

Sometimes people search on availability in a wide area, some on bed size in a wide area, so you never really know how many pages will finish up
Joanna HL

Search page ordering

Post by Joanna HL »

Dear All

Just to clarify:

We have an overnight process which changes the order of the search results randomly which we feel is the fairest way to ensure an equal share on the search result pages.

We chose not to simply rotate the order as this could lead to some owners appear on page 1 only on certain days, which would not spread the traffic as evenly between all the homes.

Looking at your hits history you will be able to see that your advert has received traffic from page 1 of the search results page by this:

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/punta-prima/

and other pages by this:

http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/punta-prima/pageid.2/
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/punta-prima/pageid.3/

If your advert appears on page 1, but receives no traffic that day, it will obviously not be shown on the hits history list.

I hope this helps to clarify things - do be assured that we monitor our systems to ensure that homes get an equal share of prominence on search pages as it is in our interests as much as yours to share the traffic as evenly as possible.

Please do feel free to PM me, or email: jo@holidaylettings.co.uk if you have any specific enquiries.

All the best

Joanna
jo@holidaylettings.co.uk
gh

Post by gh »

Recently signed up to get sms when an enguiry comes through. It was something it didn,t consider as I check e-mails regularily through-out the day.

Glad I did, its free, got one whilst out shopping yesterday. Would have continued, possibly being too late to reply.... potentially losing a booking.

Great idea HL. 8)

Helen
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Dear Helen,

You may be aware that we increased our prices at the beginning of August 2007 to reflect the spread of advertising and services offered through the site.

This price rise has not affected your account to this point, but your next quarterly payment will be at the new price of £45 (+VAT if applicable) for your primary advert and £30 (+VAT) for additional adverts in line with current pricing.

No action is required on your part, you will receive notification from WorldPay once the change has been made to your account.

Want to cut your advertising costs? Save £60 when you switch to an annual payment:

Annual advertising renewal costs are currently £119 (+VAT) for primary adverts or £70 (+VAT) for additional adverts for 12 months advertising, all you need to do is contact our Customer Service team on +44 (0)1865 201444 (this price is not available online). We can cancel your quarterly payments for you and take a single annual payment – a simple way to save money on marketing your holiday home.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or require assistance with this.

Kind regards,

The Holiday Lettings Team
+44 (0)1865 201444
support@holidaylettings.co.uk
www.holidaylettings.co.uk - the UK's No.1 holiday home website

Just for anyone else who is on quarterly payments, as price will increase when your next payment is due. A phone call is in order to get the better renewal price.
Fil

Post by Fil »

I also received this email and was surprised to see that, at least for customers paying quarterly, the yearly renovation was automatic, meaning they were going to debit my credit card again after one full year not waiting for my renewal order.

I was not aware that there were regular payments schemes in Worldpay (and probably in others) that were only dependent on the seller's order.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Fil, if you have your Worldpay details you should be able to cancel it yourself. I'll fish mine out of my email archives when I get home and see.
Fil

Post by Fil »

I am not a customer with Worldpay and when I tried to cancel a password was required which I obviously don't have. I asked HL for clarification but have just received a message telling me that they had cancelled this regular payment order.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

OK as long as your sorted, but I can't understans how you had a recurring payment without Worldpay being involved. I haven't cancelled mine yet, but am about to.
Sue Monk HL

Post by Sue Monk HL »

I’m new to Lay My Hat so hello to everyone!

I just wanted to clarify that the future pay agreement with World Pay works in the same way as a Direct Debit or standing order, this means that the payments are taken automatically every quarter until this agreement is cancelled – it is not an annual agreement and can be cancelled at any time.

If you decide to cancel your Future Pay agreement and change to annual payments contact us directly and we will do this for you, alternatively you can cancel your own agreement with World Pay however you’ll still need to give us a call or email us in order to organise the annual payment.

If you do not know your World Pay login information you can contact our customer service team who can organise for World Pay to re-send these details to you.

I hope this information is useful, if you do have any other queries please feel free to contact me by email sue@holidaylettings.co.uk or on 01865 201444.

All the best

Sue Monk
Customer Services Manager
Holiday Lettings

sue@holidaylettings.co.uk
+44 (0)1865 201444
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Thanks Sue, and welcome to LMH.

I can confirm that I cancelled my World pay agreement online last night, and have emailed HL. Thye have already replied, and I can now renew annually online at £119 per annum.
Fil

Post by Fil »

Sue Monk HL wrote: alternatively you can cancel your own agreement with World Pay however you’ll still need to give us a call or email us in order to organise the annual payment.

If you do not know your World Pay login information you can contact our customer service team who can organise for World Pay to re-send these details to you.
Thank you for your explanation. I do not have Worldpay login information because I was never a customer with them. How is it possible that HL has Worldpay login information in my name ?! Shouldn't I be the only one ?! Anf if this login info exists, who asked for it ? I did'nt. This is getting more confusing :?