Help and with personal website.

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
katric

Help and with personal website.

Post by katric »

Hi, I am new to this forum. But I would like to offer my help and advice if anybody would like it. We live and work in Slovenia renting our house out in the summer. I am a freelance grpahic designer and I do all our marketing and website work. So I would be happy to help anybody with advice or hints and tips if you are using Dreamweaver or editing your own site. I am not saying I know the answers but I could help you find them :)
mfarmer

Thanks for the offer..

Post by mfarmer »

Thanks for the offer and would love to take you up on this: my website address is www.theolivehouseitaly.com
katric

Post by katric »

Hi, sorry for the delay been a busy week :D
I have just been looking at your site; firstly i love the logo and colours! your villa looks lovely you should have no problem renting it!

I do not know how much access you have to editing your site but the first thing i noticed was that it is a little too wide on the main page. The standard size to make it fit onto ipads and the normal size of most websites etc is 900px wide if you are able to specify that across your site.

• Also I would add a google map to the site somewhere so people could see where you are. If you are not sure how to do this let me know i will tell you how its really simple :)

• Some of the text on the home page seems to overlap on my browser. Its the text "We speak English and are happy to help you have a great time" seems to be clashing with your copyright information at the bottom of the screen.

• It might be a good idea to link your prices and bookings button on the home page to your bookings page rather than to HL, you might loose potential customers who go off looking at other properties.

I would like to suggest other things that wold help you with good seo but unless you are able to edit your web pages then it will not be easy for you. How have you built the site?
I hope some of this helps for now. best wishes Hannah
JamJam

Post by JamJam »

mfarmer, your site looks good and fits ok on my ipad?
Oh Happy Days!
964kevin

Post by 964kevin »

Try my site for size, its due an overhaul as I've some new stuff to put on the photo;s section.....well when I take them anyway.

http://www.encantada-vacation.com

kevin
http://www.encantada-vacation.com

Our little piece of Florida, never get tired of being there. Love it and the people to bits.