Anyone have experience with Amivac.com?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Mateo's VRs

Anyone have experience with Amivac.com?

Post by Mateo's VRs »

My friend is looking to rent her chalet in Nice and asked me for suggestions on alternative listing channels. I came across Amnivac, a France site. Francophiles...any word? :D
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Never heard of it Mateo - sorry. I see that it's a French site, but covers all countries.

Here is a very comprehensive list of sites specific to France (mostly free) to confuse your friend!

viewtopic.php?t=6964

Welcome to LMH by the way. :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Aleamaro

Post by Aleamaro »

I work with them in Portugal. I had a few bookings from them. The price was cheap and it was worth the trouble of working with them.

Last year I received nothing so I didn't renovate my listing.
terrerouge

Re: Anyone have experience with Amivac.com?

Post by terrerouge »

Hi all,
I wonder if anyone here has an advert on amivac? The site came highly recommended by a neighbour in France, who got pretty much all of his bookings through the site. I signed up in early November and went smoothly. When I looked up the advert at the end of November I could no longer find it and trying to contact the customer service was like getting blood out of a stone! What I didn't know was that amivac had been bought by a company called home to go and they had 'migrated' the amivac site to a new platform. It's taken me until today for amivac to figure out that the screwed up in the migration process. Now my advert is back on line but I'm unable to update the prices, so it's pretty useless.

Has anyone else had any experiences with this site or with home to go?
oasiscouple

Re: Anyone have experience with Amivac.com?

Post by oasiscouple »

I haven't tried Amivac but for anyone with a French property, www.france-voyage.com works for us and gives us about half of our enquiries and subsequent bookings. Current cost 48€ per year and the advert is translated by them into 9 languages including Chinese and Japanese.
Honi soit qui peu y boit