Juicy Backlinks with 'The Quirky Traveller !

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Holiday Ray

Juicy Backlinks with 'The Quirky Traveller !

Post by Holiday Ray »

Quite 'out of the blue' I received an email from someone at H-R's (H-A) a couple of months ago - asking if I would be 'interviewed' about being a Rental Owner. (we do list with them)

I thought "Nothing ventured nothing gained" and agreed and to cut a long story short the 'interview' has just been posted on the website of quite a prominent Travel Blogger.

The interview is here - The Quirky Traveller

A slight down-side to the post is that it links back to H-A (no surprise of course :roll: ), but the upside is that when you make a 'comment' at the end of the article, the Quirky Traveller website allows you to add a link (back to your own website :D )

So if you would like a nice juicy free link to your website, feel free to read the above article and leave a comment yourself 8)
(Please try and refrain from leaving comments regarding my dress sense, hair products and the fact that it looks like I'm sucking my chest in to try and impress the camera :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:)
Ray
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Thanks Ray/Martin. Your place does look great. I've left a comment on the blog but it hasn't appeared yet.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Thanks Dotty,

Before comments appear they have to be 'moderated' by the site owner, Zoe.
She actually emailed me this morning to say that the article had been posted, so I should imagine your 'comment' will appear pretty soon.

Thanks again :)
Ray
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thank you Ray. I rarely pass up a marketing opportunity! Good article. Lovely place.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Every little bit of google juice helps Felicity doesn't it :wink:

BTW Sansome Cottage looks positively charming. We will certainly look you up should we decide on a weekend break in your neck of the woods :)
Ray
Martha

Post by Martha »

Your place looks lovely!!!
But just so you know, those links all have the "nofollow" tag, so alas no Google juice can be squeezed from them. Most places do this on their comments to prevent spamming.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

:oops:

Thanks for pointing that out Martha - it never crossed my mind.

Pray tell - the easiest way to spot whether a link has the 'nofollow' tag please Martha. I can pick it out (after you mentioned it) by viewing the source code, but is there an easier way to spot it ?

And am I correct in thinking that the links to the HA site don't have 'nofollow' tags ?

Thanks very much.
Ray
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

There is no way of spotting rel="nofollow" in links other than by inspecting the source code of the page. Most blogs automatically make links in comments and signatures nofollow to avoid people taking liberties.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Holiday Ray

Post by Holiday Ray »

Thanks Cassis,

I can understand why, I get quite a few spam 'comments' on my blog, although they do get filtered, so I just need to empty the spam box fairly regularly.

It's a pity we don't get the backlink credit for google though :( .

I suppose at least we get the slight possibility that someone might visit our site from the link alone still.
Ray
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Sure - it can't do any harm :)
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.