BT Web Manager

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Normandy Cow

BT Web Manager

Post by Normandy Cow »

Has anyone used this? They've called and discussed my existing website and seeing as how it is "almost there", they have offered to redo it without using weebly templates, and have offered to do this for free, if I sign up to Web Manager at £30pm for 12 months. This includes a lot of help with SEO (yes, I know SEO is dead but so do they, as they were very knowlegable on phone, discussing Penguin, google places, social media integration with regular updates and support, free "click-to-call" service, the fact that they are a Google partner, etc etc.....)
See the video at the top of this page:
http://www.websites.bt.com/get-a-bt-web ... eb-manager

I am so stressed out and busy at the moment that I am tempted. Yes, I know, I have the ability to do it myself, but then again I would like to be able to take my foot off the pedal and get a lot more help with marketing.

I would also like to get my website found without relying on OD etc as I do now. I know that many of you do this already but mine never quite got there.

Any feedback from LMHers?
Lindisfarne

Post by Lindisfarne »

Hi Normandy

I bet if you join this you end up getting more stressed out than you already are !!!

Most of the things with the exception of a new website are things that can be done simply with a little effort when you have a 'window' and time to do them.

Your website is lovely and unlike the mass produced holiday websites.

I would spend the £ 360 getting a little help from a local company enhancing what you already have

:D
People in Stone Houses should not throw Glass

Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

On the surface, it sounds like a good deal. BT takes the strain, re-jigs your website for free, making the whole shooting-match more market-friendly. In return, you pay a monthly charge of 30GBP for a year. And, if I've understood correctly, visually you'll still be left with pretty much what you already have, rather than some bland corporate wallpaper. What’s not to like? Well …

1. Is the 360GBP a one-off payment? Presumably, once past the initial 12 months, you will still have to pay BT to host your site? Will this also be 30GBP p.m. (or more when they raise prices)?
2. Before committing myself, I’d want to visit a couple of dozen examples of BT’s websites at the cost level that I was buying into – three bland ‘testimonials’ without website links on the BT marketing site, or any indication of what cost level they represent, seems pretty flimsy and unsatisfactory marketing and would raise a serious question mark with me.
3. BT states that owners will be able to update and modify their websites, but then qualify this with: “different website packages have different levels of access”. I’d want to check this out.
4. Picture galleries, slideshows and video players seem to require additional payments?

NC, only you can know whether this deal represents good value for your circumstances. But I agree with Lindisfarne, you already have a good-looking website and 360 big ones (per annum?) would buy a lot of support from a local company.
Jim