Photos with arrows added

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
KAB-Dennis

Photos with arrows added

Post by KAB-Dennis »

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but was interested in this type of photo to place on my site for a visual

Is is easy to add directional arrows onto a digital photo? The arrows I would like to add will follow the turns one would take on a particular portion of the road. So it wont be a straight arrow pointing in one direction but rather like 90 degree angles etc.

I have Photoshop Elements8 software but really not well versed in its use at all

I tried to insert a photo here to show you what I was interested in doing but I cant seem to cut and paste. I could send the link but it is for a local cottage colony here and not sure if I should take the liberty to post their link here or not

Thank you
Kate
USA
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Photoshop does an extraordinary number of things but many tools are hidden and finding the right one for the job can often be a problem. I'm not familiar with Elements, but full-blown Photoshop uses a variation of the 'Line Tool' to produce perfect arrows. A quick google produced the link below that indicates Elements uses the same system.

http://tinyurl.com/yen5voa

When I upgrade Photoshop, I buy the appropriate bookshelf manual to go with it (the Martin Evening series are good). Not cheap (although older versions can be obtained at more modest price from second-hand booksellers like AbeBooks) but such manuals can save much time and frustration.
Jim
KAB-Dennis

Post by KAB-Dennis »

Hi thanks Jimbo will check out the link
I did buy a manual shortly after purchasing the software .....Not sure of the title/publisher but it might as well been written in Arabic. Need the Dummies series :lol:
Kate
USA
Beachcondo

Post by Beachcondo »

I used picasaweb and picnic to do my arrows, but I think picnic is now discontinued and picmonkey (?) has replaced it.
That's a dummy version that truly is for dummies.... 8)
Pessimists only get positive surprises.