Private area of forum?

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Crystal I still like my Chandelier suggestion :( ..

But at least with Bagpuss you can get a nice avatar :wink:

Im still not convinced about mine...I mean who wants a Monster for a Big Sister....See Dippy Dora could have the dora of Explorer fame...or i could go for
Woberts Cheeky Girl :wink: ...but i dread to think what the avatar for that would be :roll: .......
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Still keeping my Avatar Ros...otherwise people won't 'know' me! :wink:
paolo

Post by paolo »

I have added a new category called 'Members only' as there is obviously a demand for it. It is only viewable by registered members. Let me know if it isn't working properly.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks Paolo..

Your efforts are appreciated :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Paolo, thanks, even though I am still fence sitting on this one. It at least deserves a trial I think.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thats funny Helen :wink: ..

Thats how I feel..... :roll:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Big Sis..... perhaps because i have seen the downside of the hidden threads on my other forum, and the trouble it caused. Legal action was threatened by a member under the Data Protection act, and the member cincerned was then asked to leave the site. There was actually nothing derogatory written about him (and no, it wasn't you Mountain Goat :roll: ).
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Surely if there members theyd see it anyway...

The way this forums run we wouldnt be slagging people off anyway..in private or not... cos its not our style...and if it was we would soon be sorted by them upstairs and rightly so..

But Ive always been impressed the way this forum and its posters manage themselves mostly and any bit of misunderstanding is soon worked out in a nice way...
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Thanks ever so much Paolo :lol: For once this is a facility that we hope we don't have to use too much but it is comforting none the less to have it available.
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks from me too Paolo - I'm with Partridge, I really don't think it will be used very much, I can only think of 3 or 4 occasions in the last year when I would have posted there rather on the open forum, but I will feel more comfortable posting there on certain (mainly problem guests) related subjects.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Great - many thanks, Paolo. I'll sharpen my quill and get the ink out.

MG
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

can I add my thanks too - it would be useful to have a safety net. And perhaps it may be useful that if a thread seems to be going into dangerous waters then it could be moved there so that it could be continued without worrying about the 'legal' damage it might cause?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

The Power of Google snooping around LMH

If anyone's got any doubt that Google's also a keen member of this forum, take a look at this:

Having posted a rather obscure technical query on LMH five days ago entitled:

Domain registration with free privacy

I'm still chasing the answer, so tried Google again today, using that phrase, and my LMH post came up #1 on Page 1.

Scary.

MG

Domain Registrars don't waste thousands of $$$ on your advertising - contact an LMH Goat for REAL results!
Last edited by Mountain Goat on Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Right MG..

Im sure I will get a straight answer from you

Now that Ive changed my name with lots of soul searching and hand wringing...ok then maybe not..
If I still have Ros at the bottom or people refer to me as Ros or people might look on my website details and find the real me....
Is that still aproblem..

Or is the Main one that my posts[when still posted by Ros] get picked up by google so people might put my name and address of houses or Torrevieja and get all my postings..

Mind you if they went through ALL of them they would probably need a holiday and if so I have 2 x3 bedroomed houses in....

Is that i :roll: t or even close
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Big Sis

I need to think about that. But if you're known by anyone as Lobotomy Ros - congrats! You're #1 on Google Page 1! Better than being on Page 3 (geddit?).

As I said, scary.

MG