holidayrentalsproperty.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
James3214

Post by James3214 »

I also seem to be plagued (almost weekly) by Indian accented calls from a similar number +44 2071936736 and company claiming that they are working with British Airways/Iberia/etc companies with people who are interested in booking the apartment. I ask them which one (I only have one) and they haven't a clue.
Honestly, when I have a bit of time, I try to keep them on the line as long as possible to save them from annoying the rest of you. I just feel sorry for the sucker joining next week and given the task of calling me.
gunnyandbob

Post by gunnyandbob »

They are still trying, called us today saying they worked with BA and Iberian Airways. I went along with them for bit, photos none too sharp by todays standards, offering €99 for 15months and more blah blah blah. Said her name was Juria strong Indian accent English phrasing not too accurate. Used phone number 00442071936763, and then called back again to ask for our email address..refused that..Pity we are using our Uk mobile in Spain or I'd string her along.She knew we are advertising on 3 sites inc Spain-holiday.
The fact they asked for our email address is to me a bad signal since its half of the security for login on advertising sites.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We are now being pestered once only by these sites. As soon as they are through to us, we ask them which company they represent and then hit the big red button on our 'Call Blocker', and they are gone for good and you never hear from them again.

I've mentioned this before on another thread, but if you are being hassled by call centres (you know the ones - first you think they are guests wanting to book, then they say that they have 'many Asian tourist' wanting to stay,etc.) from the South Asian subcontinent who do not take 'no' for an answer, then you really need to invest in one of these gadgets.

We are visiting family in the UK next week and are going to buy another one for our home phone number, so we can block the 'Microsoft' scammers calling us there as well. You can also buy these on Amazon for example, and they work all over the world (here in the NL, we have the US phone system and all we had to do was just plug our business phone line into it and that put an end to the endless harassment we were getting from these people).

It is one of the most useful things that we have ever bought! If anyone wants more info about this gadget, then let me know.
Last edited by AngloDutch on Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marks

Post by Marks »

They've just tried me. Lady with heavily accented English claimed to be No1 on Google:

Me: For which search term?
Her: Holiday Rentals Property.
Me: Well I never.

For 59 Euros they would guarantee me 10 enquiries with queues of Scandinavians wanting to book right now.

I cut her off and immediately she called back:

Her: Did you cut me off?
Me: Yes, and I'm doing it again now.

Number withheld.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Peggymac

Post by Peggymac »

Hello folks, We have just taken a call from this company. displayed number was 00442071935807 They are very insistent as you say, also quite complementary about our site (flattery will not work with us!). However, we too are not impressed with their website.
They are going to ring back later but I think I will just disconnect... Thank goodness for caller display!
Peggy and Lionel

Always do Cooking, Bed Making and Website design with Love and the rest will follow.
www.casteldecantobre.co.uk
www.casteldecantobre.fr
www.facebook.com/CastelDeCantobre