What do you provide for babies / children?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Greenacre

Socket covers

Post by Greenacre »

Interestingly there are a number of articles around that state that having socket covers is more dangerous than not, providing you have MK sockets (or equivalent), because socket covers conveniently open the socket up and if they are pulled out slightly, the child can access the single pin which will then electricute. I was a child carer in my early work and OFSTED were obsessed by socket covers but I wouldn't recommend them now.
kevsboredagain

Re: Socket covers

Post by kevsboredagain »

Greenacre wrote:Interestingly there are a number of articles around that state that having socket covers is more dangerous than not, providing you have MK sockets (or equivalent), because socket covers conveniently open the socket up and if they are pulled out slightly, the child can access the single pin which will then electricute. I was a child carer in my early work and OFSTED were obsessed by socket covers but I wouldn't recommend them now.
Very good point. This probably just applies to UK sockets, where something inserted into the earth hole will open up the live and neutral. ie. the safety mechanism is already built into the design.