Transferring Money

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
camel

subject

Post by camel »

I agree Joddle, However Banks regulated what ever this means The Fix businesses are not as far as I am aware.

Our first €100,000/£85000 is protected with the Banks irrespective of their financial health.

If I need to transfer over the the above amount via a Bank. I will use different banks and ensure that the transfer does not breach the above limit.

Happy new year to all forum users.
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

I can recommend World First, who in my experience offer better rates than HIFX and are very efficient.
pambon

Post by pambon »

I have been using Currencies Direct for five years with excellent service. Guests are also using it for payments.
brendan

Post by brendan »

I used transferwise for the first time the other day and was mightily impressed.

It was simple, straightforward and, as previously mentioned, I was kept updated via e mail. In fact the money arrived even earlier than expected.

FYI: I transferred sterling to euro. The rate was 1.26.. and I paid just over 5 quid for the service.
donnylu

Post by donnylu »

Great, how much did you transfer? I have been using them for a while now. Last transfer didn't go so well. Some cock up somewhere which was a mess to sort out. It didn't look good with the guest that was trying to pay. They went a little down in my estimation but at the end of the day I had to remind myself that I was paying very little. Finally got the money although short a euro or so.
brendan

Post by brendan »

I transferred 1200stg and received 1523.59 euros
donnylu

Post by donnylu »

One thing I live about them is people can use a debit card. Its like acepting a debit card for fee of 0.5%. Imagine that being processed with Paypal and others.
joddle

Post by joddle »

Well I have tried Transferwise a few times now and must say am impressed. The last time was for £1000 which gave me 1271 euros after fees etc and it was very fast - less than 48 hours to complete. I'm still a bit wary about transferring very large sums - but so far so good - and thanks to all tjhose who made suggestions and have shared their experiences - very useful indeed.
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
Romani

Post by Romani »

I can recommend Thomas Exchange Ltd www.tefx.co.uk they give very competitive rates better than HIFX. They charge £12 to make a transfer and the money is normally in your account the same day.

www.villa-holidays-menorca.com