Car Hire from Malaga

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
brendan

Car Hire from Malaga

Post by brendan »

Has anyone got any solid recommendations? Currently I'm telling guests to avoid Goldcar, Niza and Brianscar. I'm recommending Enterprise Artesa, Brunoscar and Marbesol.

I really wish they wouldn't ask me!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Helle Hollis have an exceptional reputation and you can register with them as a holiday home owner and get not only a 15% discount for your guests but the same discount plus bonus credits for your own car hire should you need it. Personally I haven't used them as I drive an automatic and their rates aren't that keen for me, but they are very solid. I use Del Paso and their reviews are rather mixed but I have never had any kind of problem and I love their ultra fair fuel policy - they supply with a full tank and if you return full there is no charge. Their depot is slap bang next door to a petrol station :mrgreen: I always avoid the international car hire firms based in the terminal building as their terms are awful, as are their rates, and getting into and out of the car park is a nightmare.
joddle

Post by joddle »

I now avoid recomending any car hire firms - too many issues. Firms I once thought OK have been bad for some of my clients and those I xchoose to avoide have beenpraised by others - its a lose lose situation AFAICS. My sister always uses Victoria Cars but then again I don't like their fuel policy !!!!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I always book through www.carjet.com as it allows me to compare fuel policies as well as prices and make the best choice for my length of stay. I often end up with Solmar but hate the full/full fuel policy.
joddle

Post by joddle »

kevsboredagain wrote:I always book through www.carjet.com as it allows me to compare fuel policies as well as prices and make the best choice for my length of stay. I often end up with Solmar but hate the full/full fuel policy.
Maybe - but they don't list all of the companies at a particular location so you can easily miss out!
I don't profess to own anything here apart from my own opinion.
CSE

Post by CSE »

joddle wrote:I now avoid recomending any car hire firms - too many issues. Firms I once thought OK have been bad for some of my clients and those I xchoose to avoide have beenpraised by others - its a lose lose situation AFAICS. My sister always uses Victoria Cars but then again I don't like their fuel policy !!!!
Plus one on recommendations. If things go wrong some idiot will hold you responsible. :roll:
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

I'm with Casscat on this one. Just look at the reviews on Trip Advisor to see how many bad reviews there are with a lot of these companies. Helle Hollis definitely comes up trumps, totally transparent and hassle free. Another good company are malagacar.com. They are both direct hires (not through brokers). It's also worth mentioning to clients that if they do go through a broker to get cheaper hires, they have to read the T&C's of the car hire they are sent through to as they are different to the broker's T&C's :shock: Many people get caught out by not reading the small print :roll: