JUst starting out

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
schneider

JUst starting out

Post by schneider »

Hi everyone,
I am new to this forum, we have recently started renting of our cottage in Normandy.

Please suggest some international good web portals to advertise the cottage.

i am on gite de france and mediavacances but are looking for a better international exposure
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Welcome to the forum Schneider :) I'm not in France so I have no useful contribution to make, but others will doubtless be along with suggestions. You could also post in the section 'Rental Listings Sites'.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I seem to be following Casscat around at the moment. Honestly not stalking!
Homeaway have Abritel and Homelidays. You really have to put your advert if French or they switch you to the UK site.
You can take out a subscription advert or take the commission option with no upfront fees. On the Costa Brava most of our bookings are French and these two sites are good.
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

Just put yourself in the shoes (or slippers) of a potential guest and start Googling. Try in different languages and switch off the region thingy. The results should help you decide where to target your advertising.

What works for one, won't work for all so even if someone says that site X works great for them, doesn't mean it will be the same for you.