Loo Brushes

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Jester

Loo Brushes

Post by Jester »

How do you keep them clean, in no time at all they look revolting. have tried soaking them in bleach but they still look gross!!

Any tips appreciated!
tchn

Post by tchn »

Ikea sell cheap black plastic ones, which don't discolour.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I do bleach them, but I keep the pot and just replace the brushes regularly with cheap ones.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

+1 for the black Ikea ones!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Disposable item to me. Supermarkets sell white opaque 'basic' ones about £2 a pop. They look fine and get chucked on a regular basis when mucky.
aasta

Post by aasta »

buy a dozen of the Ikea black ones at .79cents (euros) and put used ones in the plastic recycling bin when yucky - (we do rinse them with peroxide before we do that)
aasta
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I buy IKEA white ones at 50p each ...
kg1

Post by kg1 »

rosebud wrote:I buy IKEA white ones at 50p each ...
ooh! much cheaper - will look out for those. Unfortunately our nearest Ikea is over an hour away.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

The point of the Ikea black ones is that they hide things more than the white ones. Worth spending the extra 29 cents...
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

I think if the bog brush has something to hide I'd rather it was chucked out! :lol:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Cassis wrote:I think if the bog brush has something to hide I'd rather it was chucked out! :lol:
Me too!
CarolineH

Post by CarolineH »

All bog brushes make me shudder ....

another vote for the Ikea black ones, though
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

I buy the Ikea black ones too... they still get chucked regularly though...
Nightowl
Forever going one step forwards and two
backwards......
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

B&b so different to most but...

Guests rarely use loo brushes... sometimes they don't even seem to have figured out the flush mechanism. But they don't have to. They're on holiday. :wink:

So although there is a loo brush and holder in each bathroom it tends to remain pristine as, when I do my cleaning, I carry my own brush and pot around which then gets disinfected and tucked away till the following day. Bathroom brushes are checked daily as part of the cleaning routine so I'd notice if they had been used and needed sanitising.
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

One particular set of guests particularly invited me to check the cottage before they left to agree that it was left OK. I declined and said that it is impossible to check properly at a quick glance and said it would be checked thoroughly when being turned around for next guests. What they should have said was "would you like to come and see the diarrhoea that I've left for you all over the seat and down the toilet?!" Well they certainly didn't use the brush provided, but what part of them has no shame to think that was leaving it in an acceptable condition. Clearly they thought it was fine otherwise they wouldn't have invited me in. :shock: The human race never cease to amaze me at times. I'm now off to poo pick my horses field..... far more pleasant! :lol: