Loo Brushes

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Normandie wrote:B&b so different to most but...

Guests rarely use loo brushes... sometimes they don't even seem to have figured out the flush mechanism. But they don't have to. They're on holiday. :wink:
That's good to know - it's not just us, then. :)

Yours

Chef des WC et SDB
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
Jester

Post by Jester »

omg bunny that's so gross!!! I think my horse and the dogs are far easier to work out!!

We had bought nice loo brushes thinking that bleach would get rid of any issues but as that hasn't worked I think we'll be getting a job lot of IKEA brushes!

The loos definitely make me shudder the most, though I know from doing hourly loo checks when I used to work in multiplex cinemas I've been let off easy so far, heaven help if those had been equipped with brushes!
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Even more gross, in a previous life, I had to check overflowing sanitary bins. Quite often towels etc get stuck in the shoot so you had to open it up and push them all down. The sudden release of smell from the bin used to make me nearly keel over!
Jester

Post by Jester »

ohhhhh :shock: that's so bad!!!!!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Another fan of the IKEA black loo brush cheapies reporting for duty :mrgreen: I have a mountain of the damn things in the casita so they can be changed frequently. Not even remotely eco-friendly I know, but who wants to stay at a property with a grubby looking loo brush? The black does outwardly wear better than the white even if they have both undergone the same bleaching because I find that the white ones go muddy-orange at the base of the bristles and look disgusting even though they are as clean as a whistle.

Eeewwww to your stories Bunny! Purely from the point of view of public loos I cannot believe the state some people are willing to leave a toilet in :evil:
anya752000

Post by anya752000 »

Another vote for the IKEA while loo brushes. I buy in bulk and replace as needed. Though as previously mentioned they often are not used by guests.

I looked at the black ones but they just felt too 1970s for me. They would go well with an avocado suite!