Location and Advertising

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
brabant

Location and Advertising

Post by brabant »

I'm having work done on my property and will then arrange the inspection to allow me to let legally.

But how to advertise it so as to be visible to likely clients is puzzling me.

It is a house in a hamlet in Castellon province, inland: you can get to the beach in about 30 - 40 minutes depending on where you want to go, but you can also explore the area inland. Good for walkers and nature lovers or those who just want to drop into rural life for a while.

It has 6 bedrooms, can sleep 11 and has a pool....but when I look on the rental listing agency sites I see that a client starts by deciding on an area - and it strikes me that while Valencia rings a bell with people, Castellon doesn't!

This is my first venture back into holiday rentals after some years away from running gites in France and I would be grateful for any advice on how to target my advertising.
Oh my ears and whiskers...
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

The first step would be using Google as if you were someone wanting to stay in that part of Spain. Also try to find other properties in your area. See how they compare and where they advertise.

Not everybody likes the beach so you need to target those people and all the positive things you have to offer.
brabant

Location and Advertising

Post by brabant »

Thank you...I've been going at it the other way...looking on rental sites for my area, so I'll try searching for the area itself.
At least I can now say that there is an airport close by and that - from September - it will be taking flights from London.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Brabant, there has been a massive growth in rural tourism and country properties in Spain are increasingly popular. A lot of people seach 'Valencia' and then drill down into the sort of accommodation and location they are looking for so I wouldn't be worried about being invisible. I have a place just outside a fairly small village in Andalucia, like you about 35-40 mins from the coast, and I have had no problem with bookings at all in mid and peak seasons. No one would search for my village by name, but plenty search Andalucia > Malaga Province > Inland.
CSE

Post by CSE »

It also depends on what market (country) you are after.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
brabant

Location and Advertising

Post by brabant »

Casscat, that is very reassuring....I was worried after our experience in France where we were on the border of two regions....we shared the characteristics of one while being geographically in the other.

Ian and Irene, I'm starting with the U.K. market - as that's where the 'planes will be arriving from initially - but then want to study the Scandinavian, Dutch and Belgian markets as I find my feet.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I have found Owners Direct to be great for my first year as a rental owner - 100% UK guests, but advertising on other sites for a more global reach yielded nothing. I searched 'Spain > Costa del Azahar (Valencia)' on OD and that leads to a drill down of locations: http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain-cos ... azahar.htm Once people have got that far they will be looking at specifics such as number of bedrooms or budget. They will find your place, and even when they see that it's a good half hour's drive to the coast they won't be put off because they will already have fallen in love with it by then!
brabant

Location and Advertising

Post by brabant »

Casscat, thank you again. I took a peek at your place earlier and I too would head for it like a shot!

Thanks for the morale booster! I'm having to relearn the holiday rental business as so much has changed since I was last involved and this site has been an absolute boon.

I hope that one day I can contribute something helpful as opposed to asking for help.