Key Safe

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Kiz

Key Safe

Post by Kiz »

Can anyone recommend a good key safe? We've just ordered a keysafe from Coopers but we're abit disappointed with it as its not that user friendly - it has no hinge so the key pad bit comes out completely & its too small for a key and a key ring without really faffing around to get them to fit inside.
We're looking for something that's user friendly and fits a key plus keyring.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I think there is a key safe thread somewhere, but I bought the Supra C500 key safe from keysafe.co.uk and I'm very impressed with it. Very robust, enough room for my very bulky set of 19 house keys, easy to fit, pull down hinged cover - and the only key safe to be UK police approved apparently.
SandyBeaches

Post by SandyBeaches »

I've got a couple of these Master Lock ones from Screwfix and they have been fine over the last 3-4 years. However they are small and you can't include a keyring. Or only a very small one. Sorry about the long link!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/master-lock-8 ... oC8iHw_wcB
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

SandyBeaches wrote:I've got a couple of these Master Lock ones from Screwfix and they have been fine over the last 3-4 years. However they are small and you can't include a keyring. Or only a very small one. Sorry about the long link!

http://www.screwfix.com/p/master-lock-8 ... oC8iHw_wcB
That's the one I use too. Fine with a small keyring but I reckon it would be easy to break open. That Supra C500 looks must more beefy and if I were to buy again, I probably chose something like that.
tchn

Post by tchn »

+1 on the Supra C500. I've just found out that they do an anti-tamper plate, which I'm going to add to stop anyone accidentally/purposefully changing the code.
brightmike

Post by brightmike »

I just watched the Supra C500 video and it looks easy to change the code. Does that mean a guest could change it too?
Our property website can be found by looking at our profile.
tchn

Post by tchn »

brightmike wrote:I just watched the Supra C500 video and it looks easy to change the code. Does that mean a guest could change it too?
Yes, although it would be unlikely to do it accidentally due to the need to semi-depress the code change screws. I now have the anti-tamper plate. It's a metal plate held in place by a torx head screw. That should be enough to put the code 'out of sight, out of mind'.