Thank you!

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
ClareyD

Thank you!

Post by ClareyD »

I have been a lurker on this forum for about six months now, since we first looked at buying a holiday let, through completing the purchase and getting it ready. The wealth of advice offered on here has been absolutely amazing and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences.

We're still about six weeks off being guest-ready, but we think we've found a local agency to help us so with a bit of luck we might just get there for one or two guests this season. And maybe at some point in the distant future we can give something back to this forum!

Thank you again. We have not finished plundering the forum, by any means!!

Clare
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Welcome Clare and thanks for stepping out behind the shadows! We forget how many read but never make themselves known. Good luck with your venture; I'm sure you'll fill your peak season however last minute, there's always someone on the hunt to the last.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Welcome to the madhouse.

As Nemo says, plenty of people book late now, so you're likely to get some guests to cut your teeth on (not literally you understand......)
Keep us posted.
Annew

Post by Annew »

Welcome Clare

I'm just about to buy a place in your neck of the woods so I may be looking for tips from you!

I'm sure the market is vastly different up at Widemouth to my existing establishedl business in Mid-Devon.

:-)
If you want to find me, Google The Barton Poughill!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Welcome to LMH Clare! We didn't start advertising ours until mid July in our first year and still managed 5 weeks so I'm sure you'll get plenty.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."