Insurance

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Basil Fawlty

Insurance

Post by Basil Fawlty »

Just wondering if anyone can give me a feel for what level of insurance premium (contents and buildings) I should anticipate for a 2 bed end of terrace cottage in Southwold, traditional construction, built c1870 ?
I'd rather be cycling
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

You can get holiday home insurance quotes from the comparison sites just as you can for owner occupied properties. And bag yourself a meerkat at the same time :mrgreen: http://www.comparethemarket.com/home-in ... iday-home/
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

Why not try Boshers, Towergate, Pavey Group, etc:?
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting
JanB

Post by JanB »

We have, for a number of years, used Schofields. Our last premium was £313 and this was for a 1780 terraced 2 bedroom cottage. It is for building and contents.

It includes £5m staff and public liability cover which is essential if letting out and employing cleaners.

Also included in that cover is £10,000 contents and £20,000 access denial or loss of use.

In ten years, we have never made a claim but felt this cover really gave us peace of mind.

Hope this helps!
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!
charles cawley

Post by charles cawley »

I forgot to mention Schofields in my short list. A good option.
No web-site for now.
Advice about holiday letting