Seur

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Casscat

Seur

Post by Casscat »

Anyone had any experience of deliveries of large appliances via Seur? I ordered a new dishwasher from Redcoon online and delivery was scheduled for today via their carrier, Seur. No 'slot' was offered so my property guy was on red alert all day for the call saying that they were X minutes from the village and would need directions (being in the campo means I have no 'address' per se, or not one that anyone will find on on a map). The day slips slowly by with no news from Seur. My property guy starts to get agitated as he's put plans on hold to make sure he is within a few minutes of the village to hook up with the delivery van. At 7.30pm UK time I log to the tracker site to be delivered of the message that the delivery failed for reason: 'not home/absent'. Absolute bull. No call/missed call/voicemail message was received on my manager's mobile or home phone and I defy anyone but a homing pigeon to find my property without very specific directions or the GPS coordinates, which I had not provided. I am spitting feathers. They are basically lying, presumably because it was getting late and they wanted to knock off. Their 'no one home' entry was timed at 18.15 Spanish time and I'm pretty sure my current guests were in residence. I'm really not sure what to do. I cannot cancel the order as I do need a replacement dishwasher before my next guests arrive but I cannot waste another day of my manager's life or his sense of humour will fail even more.

Sorry, not expecting a solution but just wanted to have a rant :(
Marks

Post by Marks »

Seur always a bit hit and miss. Had the same problem saying they had tried to deliver but no-one home, came the next day no problem.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Irritating at the best of times, but as a remote owner relying upon others doubly so :( Maybe if they were required to compensate for failing to evidence that they'd tried to contact the owner they might be a bit more determined to deliver as scheduled.
costa-brava

SEUR

Post by costa-brava »

You are way of my patch Casscat but in the past I have had to go to SEUR to pick up a packet. Your packet might be a bit heavier. There appears to be a sub-offive of SEUR in Coin at Uniformes Bahia and in Alhaurin el Grande in Logic Sistemas. I'm fairly sure you don't want to pick it up but one of these two might be able to help you. Hope it comes before the main season kicks in!!!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Apparently my manager has contacted them and they have rearranged delivery for tomorrow, but it still relies upon them actually following instructions and phoning for directions! Let's see if that simple procedure is beyond them or not. I ordered appliances from another online retailer when I was kitting out the finca in June last year and I really don't remember this sort of hassle. But then the courier wasn't Seur :mrgreen:
pepsipuss

Post by pepsipuss »

Sorry about all this Casscat.

Unfortunately the bad news is that (with the possible exception of Telefonica) we consistently find SEUR to be just about the worst company in the entire country to deal with and most of our deliveries via courrier come with them. Stuff goes missing, stuff gets returned to base and when you look at the tracking it says there was no one in - we have our things delivered to the local bar which opens 8am till midnight 7 days a week! Stuff also gets damaged. etc etc. Everyone says the same locally. Needless to say we never order anything on a promise of next day delivery for a premium!

I recently contacted Miscota from whom we buy pet stuff to tell them exactly what we thought and quoting our and our neighbours recent experiences and asking could they not find a better courrier but the response was that they were the only ones that could fulfill things for them throughout Spain

MRW on the other hand are marvellous - they go out of their way to be helpful and never fail to call if they need help finding somewhere.
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
brendan

Post by brendan »

I have to agree entirely with pepsipuss. Seur are the parcel arm of correos and they are absolutely terrible. The only thing they excel at is lying!

I find that the problem is that you can't be sure which company's going to deliver your parcel until you've paid upfront which is a PITA.

I've learned now that the only way to get round this is, once I've found out that the dreaded SEUR is involved, continuously telephone the local office and when it gets to the appointed delivery day phone/go to their office and intercept it there. The girl in our local office is on first name terms with OH. Our situation is slightly complicated in that we have a buzon (postbox).

I once got so mad that I went through the whole complaints procedure...I think I got 1.30 euros for my troubles! All I can tell you is that their complaints procedure and resolution is as awful as their delivery service.

I actively try to avoid buying anything which would be delivered by SEUR but that's not always possible, more's the pity!
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

The dishwasher did arrive in the end, but just for the record if you order appliances via Redcoon then Seur would appear to be their courier of choice. Clickelectrodomesticos were more efficient on the delivery front, and although I cannot recall the name of their courier it clearly wasn't Seur!
camel

subject

Post by camel »

I think we all should by now know how Spain works/not works. If you want something pay for it and collect it yourself.

The Spanish postal system can hardly deliver letters to a fixed address with all the letter boxes installed in the entrance lobby. This is one reason that Spanish are not been fond of writing.

I wanted to order chairs from "Corte Ingles" via internet. They could not accept payments on line. I had to wait for an order to be processed then I would be advised of my reference by email and I then have to post them a cheque or a Bank transfer. Once this was done I could arrange a delivery date.

Needless, to say I did not order the chairs as I had no idea how long will take. Unfortunately I could not wait for things to happen when they happen.

N
Marks

Re: subject

Post by Marks »

camel wrote:The Spanish postal system can hardly deliver letters to a fixed address with all the letter boxes installed in the entrance lobby.
I know everyone has different experiences but in 10 years of living in Spain every letter and parcel I have been expecting either posted from within Spain or worldwide has arrived. Spain to UK is 2-3 working days, UK to Spain 3-4 working days. If it doesn't fit in the box then a receipt is left giving me 15 days to collect from the local office.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
pepsipuss

Re: subject

Post by pepsipuss »

Marks wrote:
camel wrote:The Spanish postal system can hardly deliver letters to a fixed address with all the letter boxes installed in the entrance lobby.
I know everyone has different experiences but in 10 years of living in Spain every letter and parcel I have been expecting either posted from within Spain or worldwide has arrived. Spain to UK is 2-3 working days, UK to Spain 3-4 working days. If it doesn't fit in the box then a receipt is left giving me 15 days to collect from the local office.
My experience years ago when we actually had an address in town where delveries were made was a bit hit and miss - often they did not deliver to our street unless they had enough to make it worth their while and things took a while, so we went for a buzon at the Correos. We kept this when we moved off the grid to a rural address and a different town but then they decided they wanted €60 a year plus more for each extra name. We now have everything delivered to the Arts Centre where I do pottery a couple of times a week and everything arrives perfectly if is in the regular system and we are very happy with it - our lovely post lady knows who we are and if something arrives addressed to our actual house she knows where to bring it rather than wait for us to drop by and pick it up. Seur is a different animal altogether!
For true domestic harmony it is essential that dogs know their place, which is below all cats

LMH Accommodation Offers Report
www.villa-rental-andalucia.com
http://www.fincalaserenidad.com
costa-brava

seur

Post by costa-brava »

I know you have to rely on distance buying if you are living in the country but we are really lucky with deliveries. We live in the town and if we buy something electrical it is there the same day. Buy a washing machine and they hump it up three fights of stairs, connect it all up and ask if they can have some washing to try in out before they go. As they go they take away the old one. Same if you buy furniture. They NEVER dump it in a box for you to make up. And by the way, you go back down to the shop later to pay it. That really is the Spanish way. When we came to live here 30 years ago we bought a house and moved in with absolutely no fittings or furniture. We went to the nearest shop (it was a Sunday) and by tea-time we had table and chairs, sofa and beds all delivered and erected.