Parking.

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Rather than speaking to the owners (who are bound to be less than impartial) can you speak to the owner whose land the parking is on? Maybe you can negotiate a long term lease on the parking.
TGS

Post by TGS »

Yes. That's a good plan Casscat.
Flying by the seat of my pants.
JaneV

Post by JaneV »

Normally parking would be high priority for us but it does depend on the location. We're off on a short break to Polperro this year and it's just the norm there that you have a parking space allocated a short walk from your property. Because it's the norm, we are absolutely happy to go along with it just to be able to stay in such a picturesque place.
TGS

Post by TGS »

Hi JaneV,

I have fond memories of holidaying in Polperro as a child and my stepdad cursing as he negotiated the narrow roads to try and find somewhere to leave the car. :D
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

Hello,

We have a small property in a little seaside resort in West Dorset (I think it may be familiar to you TGS!). We do have an area where people can usually park but as it is not guaranteed we do not mention parking on our website. By far the biggest query we have is "Does it have parking?" I always explain the situation and I can only assume it is the main reason then if they do not book but you never really know. I do know that if I were to buy another holiday let I would ensure it had a designated parking space.

Having said that we are solidly booked throughout the summer months without much advertising and happy with the occupancy throughout the year.
TGS

Post by TGS »

Hi SusanMay,

:D Thanks for your reply - you super sleuth.