If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
rigmover

Post by rigmover »

Hello, My wife and I have just purchased an old fire station that has already been converted into a 4 bedroom house, It's in a small village called St Margarets at Cliffe, between Dover and Deal on the southeast coast of the UK, we have just completed furnishing it and have gone with an agency (photos taken last week) should be on there web site soon, i'm in the process of making up my own web site using PMP which was recommended on here. Look forward to getting some more great info from this site.

Mark
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Welcome Mark! Your project sounds fascinating and I look forward to seeing your site :)
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes welcome from me too.

Tell me....did you keep the firemans pole as a USP!!?

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
rigmover

Post by rigmover »

Thanks to both Cat and Mouse.
Unfortunately there was no pole Mouse, it's all on ground level, however I do have an original fire bell which will go next to the front door as the door bell, just waiting for a bracket to fit it, the bell weighs 12 kilos.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Welcome and glad to see LMH has been of use to you already. It's lovely when owners make themselves known to us, we are a friendly bunch really. :wink: Hope it all goes well.

PS firstly you were welcomed by a cat, then a mouse and now a fish. It wasn't planned that way honest. :lol:
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Well, we'd better add an insect too :lol:

Welcome, rigmover! I know your village - have stayed at both hotels in the days when we used to drive to France (and had money :wink: ). Look forward to seeing your site - it sounds a fascinating place you have.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Welcome rigmover - Your USP is certainly a little different. Shame there's no pole - although that might encourage a certain type of dancer :oops: :lol:
Nemo wrote: PS firstly you were welcomed by a cat, then a mouse and now a fish. :lol:

And now a centipede exterminator :lol:
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
aasta

Post by aasta »

Welcome....and many lovely guests!!! :D
aasta
Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Welcome from a Bunny. You'll find this forum invaluable and addictive too! :roll:
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

If we were starting over again king size beds, freezer and WiFi defos plus wood floors if accepting dogs and welcome!
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

I suppose I should join the menagerie - Bonjour from the French horse.
My advice in one phrase? - always ask yourself "What would I like if I were staying here?"

Welcome to madness.
Moliere 8)
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.