Setting up in La Manche, Normandy

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Pink Chris

Setting up in La Manche, Normandy

Post by Pink Chris »

I am new to the holiday rental market having left the bright lights of London and a job in marketing to come and live in rural Normandy. I've been here for over a year now and have been browsing the forum endlessly as my property is currently being renovated. I'm now at the painting and decorating stage and am shopping for gite furniture and appliances like mad.

Many of my decisions about the gite have been made after reading your very valuable posts. I hope to be able to contribute in the future but want to say what a friendly and helpful forum this is.

I hope to be open sometime in the summer although I haven't fixed a date yet. Then the fun will really start!

Many thanks once again for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

Pink Chris
Believe you can and you're halfway there - Theodore Roosevelt
rigmover

Post by rigmover »

Good luck and welcome aboard.

mark
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Good luck with it all and keep us posted - exciting times!
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Welcome aboard and have fun shopping! Exciting times so do pop back and keep us posted. :)
French Cricket

Post by French Cricket »

Welcome, Pink Chris! Enjoy this stage - it'll all go downhill once you've got guests in :lol:

PS I'm only joking ... really!
Normandie

Post by Normandie »

Another Manchot/e! 8) Congratulations on selecting this perfect departement :wink: and welcome to the forum.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I would recommend damage-proof and idiot-proof where possible, :roll: and while you're at the painting stage, keep spare paint handy too! Welcome to the madhouse Chris!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."