Urgent accommodation, San sebastian

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
DebsPlace

Urgent accommodation, San sebastian

Post by DebsPlace »

Forlorn hope but trying to help guests that leave today to travel to San Sebastian. They had an apartment for 2 adults & 2 children, booked with B.Com and got a txt at 6pm CET to tell them it's cancelled!! Spent all night on the phone and were told to just go back to the UK! It's a long shot but can anyone help them out please?
I'm getting slightly madder, each and every day!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

How awful for them
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

I feel so sorry for them, they are such a lovely family, really considerate and left our gite really clean! If I hadn't had guests checking in today I would have let them stay to try to find somewhere.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

If they're prepared to widen their scope beyond San Sebastián itself I am sure they will find something nice even at such short notice and in high season. I really hope they do and shame on Bookings.com for leaving them in the lurch like that :evil:
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

They'd paid for 5 star & BC offered them a hostel!!!! To say they're furious is an understatement, apparently the BC were really rude & unhelpful, guests said they basically didn't care. Needless to say they will never use a 'book now' button again and will always contact the owners direct, (as they did with us!).
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I guess Booking.com can't do much if they don't have anything available in the area. What happened to the accommodation they'd booked?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

It will be like looking for a needle in a haystack....I've been there in August and it is packed to the gills.

If they can move outside of there then Zaruauz is a lovely place to stay.

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

They were told the accommodation was no longer registered,Helen, but they had no idea what that meant and no further explanation from BC. I hope they can find an alternative but I really think they will have to move outside their chosen area. Fingers crossed for them.
DebsPlace

Post by DebsPlace »

Just to update, guests txt me to say they have found a hotel they have had to pay for and will start the fight to get their money back from BC and will never use them again!!
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

the last 2 years I have booked a hotel via b.com in Benidorm for a music festival & both times we have been moved to a nearby hotel.

I think they overbook & just move people around. For us we did well as we got an upgrade but if we were cancelled I'd be a bit miffed.