Españabreaks

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
costa-brava

Españabreaks

Post by costa-brava »

Does anybody use Españabreaks? Interested to hear other peoples' comments before trying them.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

I've never heard of them until now. Obviously I like the 'direct from owner' ethos but certain aspects of the site seem a bit amateurish (some of the narrative is poorly written and ungrammatical). I applaud them for trying to fill an increasing gap and all power to them! I cannot imagine they turn up much in search results though.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Crikey this is a blast from the past. I listed with them years ago for free and used to get a handful of enquiries and maybe a booking or two. Richard & Lisa Speigal were the owners, looks like they still are.

1,803 apartments & holiday villas in Spain available direct from owners umm, well yes apart from the 693 listed by BELVILLA.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
Ele

Post by Ele »

I listed with them for the first time in January last year, with high hopes of having found an alternative to the 'big boys'. Regrettably I can only report 2 enquiries in the entire 18 month period, and a total of 59 page views since February this year when they did a re-vamp of the site, designed to have them 'punching above their weight'….. Probably half of those page views are me checking the ad is still actually alive…..

Richard Speigal (who as Marks said runs the site) has been very helpful since I first flagged the dismal performance compared to all other sites we advertise on. He has helped to optimise photos, and offered a free special offer ad - but to no avail. It's very disappointing as I'd love a Spain specific site to succeed. Maybe it works for others, but from my experience even if the listing was free it would not be worth the time and effort of creating and updating it. The only reason we're still on the site is our ad was extended for no cost (we would not have renewed.)
costa-brava

espanabreaks

Post by costa-brava »

Thanks for these replies. Your experience ELE is kind of like what I expected but Casscat they do surprisingly come up in searches. That's why I decided to ask some opinions. But maybe I'll give them a miss. In the meantime I'd like to hear if anybody has had success with them.