Buying beds pt 2 - a cheeky request

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Soupdragon

Buying beds pt 2 - a cheeky request

Post by Soupdragon »

Hello.

About to take the plunge and buy 5 new beds from Mattisons - waving goodbye to a large piece of my refurbishment budget :shock:

So I wondered if anyone had any sort of promo code with them that you could share? Every % counts if I'm going to stick in budget.

Thanks!
Gordo

Post by Gordo »

Not sure whether this actually works...

That very annoying money saving TV bloke Martin Lewis apparently reckons if you shop online with the bigger companies, put a few things in your basket but don't buy them (just close the browser) they'll email you promo codes within a few days.

My own sceptical view is that anyone offering promo codes is charging too much in the first place!

Happiness is a journey not a destination,
So work like you don’t need the money,
Love like you’ve never been hurt,
and Dance like no one’s watching…
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

You could try phoning them and asking if they'd offer you a discount.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Nothing to lose by asking. They've never sent me a discount code in five plus years of being a customer as I believe their products are very competitively priced in the first place.
Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Oh how rude of me...I didn't see all your replies.

Sorry folks :oops:

Greenbarn is bang on, they were so competitively priced I thought to hell with it and will shortly be the owner of 2 sets of ziplink beds and a lovely new pocket sprung mattress.

I'm staying in the house over christmas and may have to try sleeping in every single one of them :lol:
Soupdragon

Post by Soupdragon »

Greenbarn???

I meant Nemo...really can't find my bum with both hands this evening :oops:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Soupdragon wrote:Greenbarn???

I'll forgive you. :lol:

However, mistaking a rather attractive and elegantly exotic fish for a nutty squirrel? Nemo may not forgive you so easily.... :wink:
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

I put 2 single mattresses in my virtual basket and then had a dilemma about when to arrange delivery so left them for a few days while I sorted out my diary. And, yes, I can confirm, I was emailed a discount to encourage me to go through with the purchase. If there's no hurry it might be worth trying. You do need to get far enough through the process to register your email address before you abandon your shopping cart. :)

(Edited to add it was a different company)
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

That's happened to me a couple of times (nothing to do with buying beds) and it really peed me off.
I don't have an issue with asking for, and receiving (or being refused) a discount for a quantity purchase which is honest, upfront and justifiable, but if I'm going to be a "good Customer" and place my small order and pay there and then, why should I receive worse treatment than if I stick something in the cart and then wander off to look elsewhere? Cheap practice, cheap values.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

greenbarn wrote:
Soupdragon wrote:Greenbarn???

I'll forgive you. :lol:

However, mistaking a rather attractive and elegantly exotic fish for a nutty squirrel? Nemo may not forgive you so easily.... :wink:
I'll certainly forgive you. I find the nutty red squirrel who's into cars, strangely attractive. :wink:

Enjoy playing Goldilocks and the three bears when your beds arrive. :lol:
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Nemo wrote: I find the nutty red squirrel who's into cars, strangely attractive. :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: