Wifi

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Post by Sam V »

As 'we' are expected to respond to any enquiries via most listing sites with 24 hours, there's no way I can stay anywhere with no wifi these days and if that's my expectation it's the same for many other guests.

I had wifi installed in our villa this year having previously relied on a payg wifi dongle I hired out to guests. I'm so glad I made the decision to upgrade, both for myself when we are there and my guests. How on earth my teen daughter and her friend would have survived a week outside the bedroom when not in the pool, I don't know!
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

NB In the UK it is expected that the wifi is free in that it does not incur an additional charge to your guests.

(If you wish you can adjust your prices accordingly.)
dimbleby

Post by dimbleby »

We are new ( last August ) installed wi-fi unlimited. so pleased we did as over 90% of our guests on arrival ask for the pass word. I always tell them it is on the front of the Welcome file :D We are also a rural village no mains gas broadband the best I think we can get is BT Wi-Fi but works for our cottage and it is fast :-)
Run Wild Run Free
bobby spray

Post by bobby spray »

Wifi is an absolute must in the UK. Only complaints I ever get is if is down for some reason. It's pennies in the overall scheme of things.