2 weeks' price conundrum

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Jacqui, am I right in thinking that a week would be the minimum stay for your apartments, and that they are self catering?

Hopefully Gino doesn't mind the slight diversion on this thread, as he has a pretty good idea now what his policy should be - I hope so anyway - if not, apologies Gino, my fault I think!
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Jacqui

Post by Jacqui »

Once again thanks to all - with regards to text and photos - for accessibility we had to have a compliant website - quite difficult! But you many need to look at your text size - go to view and click on text size it is best viewed at medium.

The alternative is your screen or page size - the pages are scaleable to allow for screen magnifiers - so maximise the page - if you are using a really small monitor this could be the issue - our whole site is maximised for 1280 x 1024 (I think!!)

:P
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

you many need to look at your text size - go to view and click on text size it is best viewed at medium.

The alternative is your screen or page size - the pages are scaleable to allow for screen magnifiers - so maximise the page - if you are using a really small monitor this could be the issue - our whole site is maximised for 1280 x 1024 (I think!!)
OOOOERRRR

I know you cant be talking to me Jacqui :? as i am a complete doo dah with anything technical. :oops: :wink: ......
Jacqui

Post by Jacqui »

Sorry GG

Just realised that there is a second page!!! :oops:

No minimum stay - can't afford to be choosy me!! :lol:

June/July/Aug and Sept - will be weeks only but apart from that anything is welcome - just taken a one night b&b in February for five people - hey it's all money and boy do I need that at the moment!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

gino,

Like Joanna and others, I don't discount for a second week during the high season. At least, for now. For now, I don't have to. I know that I can fill those weeks at full-price. If I wasn't sure, I would seriously consider a discount and would advertise it on my web site.

I would give a slight discount to a return customer, but then I can just tell them that directly, so I don't have to advertise it.
Brooke
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Same here Brookie - 5% to returners. :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
ginelli

Post by ginelli »

Thanks everyone for a great response and no, no worries about hijacking the thread. It's true I've seemed to have got the answers I was looking for.

I would also like to commend Jacqui for her work. I can see you really believe in what you are doing, so well done for your courage.

Ros - yep, website is still not published. I'll put it up for dissection soon

I liked the point about discount to returning customers. Someone mentioned 5%. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Bye for now, gx
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Hi Gino

Only been at this for 2 seasons but chose to give a returner 10% discount as he was booking a period I was unlikely to fill this year. He has now booked a 3rd visit but for May half term, now I didn't get this booked 1st year but did this year, so chose to give him 10% disc anyway. On the other side I have returners for July but have not given a discount as these are my biggest earning weeks but will probably provide a welcome pack or bottle of something for them. So, for me, no hard and fast rules as yet. :wink:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Partridge wrote:Hi Gino

. So, for me, no hard and fast rules as yet. :wink:

I just LOVE your approach.How sensible,they are our properties and we can do what we like with 'em. Think I'll take a chill tab. too. 8) Love it !! :lol: