Anybody know the French for........

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Jacqui

Anybody know the French for........

Post by Jacqui »

Sandblasting grit???

In the UK I know you buy either 25 or 40kg of blasting medium - different grades fine through to coarse and it come in sacks and is kiln dried......

any clues as to where to buy and what it is called?

I need it to clean up some A frames in the roof!

Thanks
paolo

Post by paolo »

Can't help you but the Living France forum is quite good for DIY questions, if a little combative at times.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Orion

Post by Orion »

Hi Jacqui
I thinks its called 'sable a sablage'. It comes in various gardes as you say but unless you are hiring mega-powerful industrial kit you will probably want 0-2 (i.e. grains smller or equal to 2mm in diameter). You might try q-1 but I have found this less effective.

I have also used 0-10 and 0-4 but found that the sandblasting kit was less effective and seemed underpowered.

You should be able to buy it at PointP and other builders merchants quite easily.

I have done lots of sndblasting here in France and if you you would like to 'pick my brains' please feel free to do so.
marcus

Post by marcus »

Preferably you want fine, silicon rich, sand often labelled as 'sable naturel a quartz'

And lots of protective equipment!

good luck
Jacqui

Post by Jacqui »

Thats brilliant - thanks very much at least I won't look a complete idiot this afternoon! Off to the builders merchants - again!

Is there light at the end of that tunnel or has there been a power cut again?? :lol: