Orange/wanadoo e mail problems

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
la vache!

Orange/wanadoo e mail problems

Post by la vache! »

If anyone still uses an orange/wanadoo.fr e mail address, have you been having problems with e mail sending recently? I've had several that I've sent, to various ISPs, that are not getting through in the last week. It is very annoying as there is no error message to say they are not getting through either.
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Would you like a Gmail account?
Cheers
PC
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I've got one thanks Paul, but a lot of my advertising carries the old wanadoo address - maybe I should just change it all now!
levelsteps

Re: Orange/wanadoo e mail problems

Post by levelsteps »

La Vache wrote:If anyone still uses an orange/wanadoo.fr e mail address, have you been having problems with e mail sending recently? I've had several that I've sent, to various ISPs, that are not getting through in the last week. It is very annoying as there is no error message to say they are not getting through either.
I have noticed recently that mail from my Wanadoo.fr address bounces back from Hotmail addresses. I am not aware of any other problems though.

Allan
Brittany.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Allan,
yes, I never use it for hotmail (although I thought the problem was resolved now) or ntl, but it has been OK for other ISPs. It is the lack of notification that is really annoying.
paolo

Post by paolo »

I now send all replies to enquiries through gmail. I say all, but if it is a really hopeless enquiry like 'can we rent for 2 nights in July?, then I just zap back a quick no using Wanadoo, and even amongst these few, I get emails saying I didn't reply to them. So Wanadoo is really hopeless.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

paolo wrote:I now send all replies to enquiries through gmail. I say all, but if it is a really hopeless enquiry like 'can we rent for 2 nights in July?, then I just zap back a quick no using Wanadoo, and even amongst these few, I get emails saying I didn't reply to them. So Wanadoo is really hopeless.
I'm going to do that now and also change my contact address on the listing sites. I've just had someone else who didn't receive the booking form I sent on Friday, but it went through fine with gmail today. I don't want to risk losing bookings!