Shower Screens

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

We have a seaside house, too, Joanna, so that's perfect! Thanks.

Shouldn't you be in bed? I'm just crashing into breakfast...yawn! :D
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

sorry peeps...but I can't replace with a shower curtain - there is no wall to attach it to and I hate the shower rails that go around corners - they always bend (I know I had one in our holiday apartment for years & ended up trying to secure it to the ceiling...didn't look good & prevented the shower curtain from going the whole way round)

Must agree Party - I hate cleaning the damn things...especially with hard water! So - you know what I got? That stuff you use on car windscreens that makes the rain become little balls & roll off :shock:
One spray every now and again and voila!

Anyone any ideas on the 'gap' problem I have?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
debk

Post by debk »

for some strange reason when you showered they kind of 'came in at you' and you stood there kicking out at the damned thing
I hate that, too, :evil: but good quality shower curtains will not do this. Plus they wash well, always clean and fresh for the guests!

The L-shaped shower rod is a problem. We've had a couple of bathrooms with that configuration and it takes a serious commitment to get that ceiling connection to stay connected.
debk
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Joanna,
I can't stand the glass shower screens that are fitted over a regular bathtub. They do not look attractive (sorry to those who have them), never slide properly, make it impossible to clean the bathtub properly and over time the runners get very grimy.
I entirely agree with your sentiments but I have the same problem as Mouse – it is not possible to fit shower rails. In my case it’s hinged screens or nothing. My guess is that I will have to put up with the gap problem or replace the things. Fortunately being plastic they are quite cheap.

I have six separate shower cubicles, the standard sized ones have curtains and the larger ones have glazed doors. For me, when space allows the doors win hands down.

Fluffy
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

http://www.showerlux.uk.com/rdas/papp.a ... ngeID=2198

This one is fairly attractive and discreet. A quick spray of daily shower cleaner (Lakeland) after use keep it clean.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

No wonder some smart person invented wetrooms! We have a couple of these, but frankly, I don't like 'em, (not cosy enough) so we've put up shower curtains anyway! Does look a bit odd though...

One day perhaps we'll have some dosh and make them into proper bathrooms, complete with the problematic shower screens, and I'll be revisiting this thread to troubleshoot!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I loved it Helen :) (why don't we have a smiley going Mmm!)...and with a hinge at the bottom that appears not to cause a gap.........however.....it is steel - and all things steel end up rusted when you have hard water :cry:

I have to say mine are a plain glass screen much like the showerlux...but the rubber doesn't go right up to the hinge

Mouse (oh woe! I don't think I'm ever going to get rid of this puddle on the floor everytime someone showers :cry: )
X
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mouse wrote:I have to say mine are a plain glass screen much like the showerlux...but the rubber doesn't go right up to the hinge
Ditto except that mine are plastic.

The rubber seals both in the hinge and along the bottom have shrunk, leaving the dreaded gap.

Fluffy
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Alan - we can't be the only people with this problem :?

I'm going to make this my next detective mission....wish me luck!... I may be some time

Inspector Mouse
x
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Mouse wrote:Alan - we can't be the only people with this problem
I'm sure we're not but at least our bathrooms floors are very clean, or very wet.

Fluffy
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

We have a walk-in shower glass shower cubicle and Ajax 'Shower Power' works absolute wonders in getting rid of limescale and leaves everything shining....not much elbow grease needed either! I normally spray ...wipe in with the rough side of a cleaning sponge...leave for a couple of minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Titti

Post by Titti »

I hate the shower rails that go around corners
Did you consider those umbrella like shower rails? They open like a fan. They are almost pretty to see.

Otherwise, would you have any space to put a piece of glass inside the shower to cover the gap? You need to get someone to do a neat job though.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No, I've never seen them before, but tell me more, as my sister has been unable to use her overbath shower, as she has a sloping roof in the bathroom, and theres no room for a proper shower screen or curtain.
Guest3

Post by Guest3 »

Mmm...I'm interested too in the umbrella shower rails as I really want to get rid of the glass shower cubicle....proves to be too much maintenance!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I really couldn't contemplate replacing this with a shower curtain. No matter how much they have improved.