Towels again..

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
memes

Towels again..

Post by memes »

Sorry I know this subject has been done to death but I can't face wading through 18 pages..
I'm looking to get a load of nice new towels for the house this year - bath sheets I think plus hand towels. Have been surfing about trying to get best prices for decent quality and I think the best deal I have found come from tesco online http://direct.tesco.com/promo/?id=S00001485 bath towels just reduced to £5.57 from £7.96
If they are the same as the ones in the shops they are nice quality (am going to check my local store this afternoon to see if they have reduced them there too to avoid delivery charges).
Has anyone found better deals than this recently? I need about 30..
Cheers

M
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hi Memes

I think M&S have a good offer on towel bales at the moment - they're £9.50 for 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels & 2 face cloths.
I don't know what the quality is like tho'.
I bought Next towels bales (they're about £15 I think now) and they've done superby well.

My only comment on the Tesco towels is that the 4 I bought looked a bit shabby after a few washes. They also faded dramatically (they were turquoise) - but that wouldn't be a problem if you went for lighter colours I suppose.
:D

Mouse
X
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

Hi Memes

We bought ours from www.kingofcotton.co.uk , although the towels have yet to be used they sent me two flannels as samples. They have washed really well, still fluffy!! Their bath towels are £4.75 + VAT, bath sheets are a bit more.

HTH

Michelle
memes

Post by memes »

Thanks for that - I just checked in Tesco - they are still at £8 in the store. Think I will try one of the taupe ones and give it a few washes here before I go for the big bundle..
Will check out the others too.

M
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MOuse I got the M&S towel bales for my apartment, and they're good quality, and have washed well. The bath towels are small though.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

:lol: Just had to add a comment on the towels thread. I bought a couple of Tesco towels to try them out but they are very thin . I think I might just use them in the laundry. Do they have different priced ones as maybe these were bargain basement variety?
linda147

Post by linda147 »

I have bought the M&S towel bowls - they are on special offer at the moment 2 bales for £15 - so very good value and quality. I agree the bath towels are a bit on the small side, but adequate.
memes

Post by memes »

Fraise - no these claim to be 'tescos finest' - should arrive tomorrow - will let you know! I think the thin ones are 'economy'.
M
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yes, I think in a moment of madness I plumped for "economy" ANYTHING with that label I usually give a very wide berth :wink: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

I've used Tesco towels in the gite - they are doing very well - and I have bought sheets there too. I'd give them a go.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh, maybe a red faced moment coming on :oops:
memes

Post by memes »

Tesco towels arrived today - are exactly the same as the ones they have in the shops for £7.95. Very soft, quite thick, will let you know how they come out of the wash.
Shame they don't do the matching handtowels on the website, will have to get them from the shop..
enid

Post by enid »

Did they deliver to Italy? - or are you based inthe UK - sorry for not knowing :oops:
memes

Post by memes »

I'm in Uk - oh that they would deliver to Italy. But I have the next best thing - a return flight next month for £15 return including tax and a mate happy to come for a couple of days with handluggage only - we will have two suitcases full of towels!

M
enid

Post by enid »

:) :) :)