Wind!!!!

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
enid

Wind!!!!

Post by enid »

Have any of you had a windy day - we have had power cuts , huge winds and stuff blowing everywhere. Yesterday was gloriously warm and I managed to do some gardening feeling Spring was on its way - then whoosh!!!!
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hmm

not here.

Had lunch outdoors yesterday. A bit overcast today, but warm.

I drove 250kms along the coast today without noticing any bad weather.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Very bad wind here today , took the pool cover off at lunchtime
Nessie
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Lovely this afternoon in down-sarf britney.

We saw off the last of yesterdays awful weather first thing this morning.

On the plus side, the wind yesterday sent all my leaves somewhere down to the Alps.

Robert
Loopy Lou

Post by Loopy Lou »

Yesterday was much better than expected then it rained during the night. Today it was raining, then suddenly, after lunch, we got a torrential downpour and horizontal wind so that I got soaked opening the windows on the back of the house to shut the shutters to keep the rain out of the house! My intrepid house guest waited until she could stand up in the rain and wind and went back outside to finish of the bit of pruning she had been doing. I joined in with the trailer to clear up the resulting debris before it spread itself all over the pool garden and courtyard. Brrrrrrrrr.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the best day of the week, fingers crossed.
Louise
www.lacharronniere.com delightful gites in the Vienne countryside.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

YES! I've been eating lots of fruit and veg this week so wind is high on my agenda! :oops:
A-two

Post by A-two »

Sympathies enid. Winter is finally here on the east coast (only took till Feb!!!). It's 19 degrees (32 is freezing), 45 mph noreaster winds. In Boston, they are wading through foot deep slush puddles and much of the east coast is buried under 10ft of snow with power outages, yes 10ft!!!!! 500 flights cancelled out of JFK today. Hurrah for American insulation and draftproof windows. Hope you are warm and toasty too!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Power cuts, strong winds (although our valley shelters us from the worst) and incessant rain are the order of the day here. Rain has destabilised trees and steep banks, rocks falling everywhere. Rivers full to bursting and breaking their banks, I saw a caravan park yesterday completely under water.

First booking only six weeks away - I was talking last night to the guests who wanted to know how much sunblock they might need. Umm, sou'wester might do instead.

Jim