do you think this is real or not?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Musetta

do you think this is real or not?

Post by Musetta »

My gut says to ignore this one and not bother to reply...but I was wondering what you thought...I took out her personal details...the reason it seems SO odd i that if she has family there, why is she emailing me?? long-term rents in the area would be MUCH cheaper than finding a vacation home...anyway:
CITY/VILLE: CALITRI
ESTATE/PROVINCE: AVELLINO

RENTAL REQUEST
---------------------------------------
CHECK-IN(dd/mm/yy)/ENTRÉE: 30 11 2007
DURING/PENDANT: 30 week/semana/semaine/Woche/settim.
NR. PERSONS/PERSONNES: 1
COMMENTS/COMMENTAIRES: Hello, Im a single woman. I'm italian´s doughter.Im 25
years old and i have family in Calabritto Provincia de Avellino. Iwould like to know how much is the rent? because
I'm going to live in Italy in November for indefinite time . PLease answer to me
as posible soon, and excuse my english

PERSONAL DETAILS
-----------------------------------------
NAME AND SURNAME: xxxxxxx
EMAIL: xxxxxx
PHONE: xxxxxxxx
ADDRESS: xxxxxxxx
CITY: Caracas
POST CODE: 1040
ESTATE/PROVINCE: Miranda
COUNTRY/PAYS: Venezuela
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Musetta :)
I wouldnt necessarily think it was but youre right to be cautious....Just give her some info and see what happens...[The others have a better idea about the techy stuff and have techy ways of checking...all I know is I havent got my scam feel yet,,but a 'watch this space feel'....

Keep us posted..
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Not too sure Musetta,

Is she saying she wants it for 30 weeks? If you are not into long term rental then ignore it. Otherwise reply, ask loads of questions and see what she comes back with. This doesn't look like the typical Nigerian scam.

Ruth
alifrank1

Post by alifrank1 »

Hi Musetta

I don't think it's a scam at this stage. She seems to be asking for a rental to end just before the high season which I presume she realises she wouldn't get. It could be she's independent and may be looking for a home and has given herself enough time to find somewhere.

I don't think I'd discount it at this stage, but that's just my opinion.
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

thanks for your gut feelings...need to think about it though becasue, I know the tenant laws are VERY strict in Italy...and if she happens to have Italian citizenship and rents for a few weeks and decides never to leave...and never to pay...there is not much I can do about it (!) so...guess I will check into that more before I resond with a price, etc. :-)
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Very wise Musetta. :lol:

Ruth