Lots of guests this morning??

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
la vache!

Lots of guests this morning??

Post by la vache! »

Has LMH suddenly become really famous or are the hundreds of guests that have been on the forum this morning just would be spammers?
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

LV, yahoo and google are indexing at the moment, it's happening across on my ski forum too.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Thanks Helen, that would explain it!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

That could certainly explain why I suddenly had 130 visits to my blog yesterday (usually only average a dozen or so).

I know that a lot of those would have been from LMH as a result of a couple of posts I've made, but 130?????

I've also noticed that we appear to have a lot of incoming list from something called the T-List.

Has anyone heard of it? I think it spands for Travel/Tourism List?

All this extra traffic is great, I just wish it hadn't coincided EXACTLY with the time I decided to start overhauling my (live!!!) blog. Arrrggghhh!!!!

Time to go and put in a few more redirects to my main website I think!!!!!

Daisy x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Helen and Susan..& NC
Can you explain about this..you know me :roll: I would love to know what you mean :wink:
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Ros,

I don't pretend to understand the above either :lol: :wink:

What I have noticed is, if I click on the 'who's on line' at the bottom there are lots of guests, but many of them say they are 'posting a message' How can guests post a message? I thought you had to be a member to post.

Ruth :?
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Where does it say they are "posting a message"? I've never seen this.

But I do agree that it all looks a bit strange. Is it really true that there are 34 guests online right now????
Big Sis.. wrote:Hi Helen and Susan..& NC
Can you explain about this..you know me :roll: I would love to know what you mean :wink:
Oh Sis, where to start? Which bit don't you understand? (I'm not being funny/difficult here, I just need to know which bit you need explaining!)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

A lot of these will be Google bots, crawling the site, so that when someone searches for rental advice LMH will come up. IT is an automatic thing, so no real persons involved. I don't really understand it myself properly.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Normandy Cow wrote: But I do agree that it all looks a bit strange. Is it really true that there are 34 guests online right now????
There were 120 guests at 7.30am this morning!! Normally there is only a handful, Ros, GG, Jimbo, Kathy and me!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My skiing forum has 20 people online, and 50 guests. Our admin has told us they are nearly all 'bots' . Normally there would be about 10 or so.
guest 4

Post by guest 4 »

Hi Nc,

If you go the the 'forum index' page and scroll to the bottom, you will see 'who is on line' click on that and it tells you what each person is looking at and what they are doing at that time. I think there is a few minutes delay, but a lot of the guests say 'posting a message'. There has been an extraordinary amount of guests over the last couple of days.

Ruth
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Ooh am I really here every morning?? :shock: :roll: :roll:

And about 20 times a day too :roll: always-on adsl is just too convenient sometimes :lol:

Keeping very good company though :D
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

kathyg wrote:
Keeping very good company though :D
Absolutely! I've always been an earlybird.
I'm going to bed now, so I miss out on the 'late' night posts, often from BP, Party, Nightowl and Brooke of course, thanks to the time difference across the pond.
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Kipz wrote:If you go the the 'forum index' page and scroll to the bottom, you will see 'who is on line' click on that and it tells you what each person is looking at and what they are doing at that time.
Wow! I didn't know you could do that!!!!

There's far fewer people on now (only about 14) so I guess the spiders have gone to bed... :D
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

kathyg wrote:

Keeping very good company though

Absolutely! I've always been an earlybird.
Thats funny I have good company in the morning as well :wink: [strange that :roll: :wink: :lol: ]
See you bright eyed and bushy tailed :wink:
NC said....
Kipz wrote:
If you go the the 'forum index' page and scroll to the bottom, you will see 'who is on line' click on that and it tells you what each person is looking at and what they are doing at that time.

Wow! I didn't know you could do that!!!!
I didnt either NC:shock:All the while weve been here as well heh :wink: Not just a pretty face Ruth :wink:
And why does it say Guests are posting messages :?: