I'm not even open in October!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Received the following today:

Hello Am Henry me and my family will like to know how you run this rental,well are on a vacation for this year Below :
Details of the Reservation Below:
Date: 1st of Oct 2007
Time of arrival:10 am
Rooms:Apartment
No of people:2 adults And 1 son
And we are as well willing to buy a small house around that area that your house is located,well we are referring to that will wanted to rent your apart that you have for rent on a monthly rental or weekly rental we are planning staying i mean we wanted to buy a small house in that area but before then we wanted to stay for 2 Months or 2 weeks rental i only want to stay around and check the security area before i buy the house that i intends to buy in that area ok ,so i will be very glad to have the amount for the monthly rental and if you do no trun monthly rental we are as well O.k by weekly rental,
God Bless
james004@graffiti.net
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Ah!!! Bless!!! :roll:

(Must try harder....)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Ah!!! Bless!!!

(Must try harder....)
What doya reckon the NC...a bit suspect :roll: :wink: :lol:Ann said...
You mean you wouldnt open specially... :shock: :wink: :lol:
Marks

Post by Marks »

Seems perfectly legit to me. Take the money and run :D
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hello, am greenfrog.
Just wondering if you're really not open in October I mean open all October or maybe just two weeks well I'm referring to part of October and if you don't then we are as well ok by you open in September.

:lol: :lol:

I'm worn out just trying to think like him! :lol:
Lounging on the lily pad...
Ann

Post by Ann »

Like yours, Greenfrog!

I hate to think he will be buying a house in this area!
jayvollstedt

Post by jayvollstedt »

Ann wrote: I hate to think he will be buying a house in this area!
Trust me, he isn't. I got the same inquiry a few months ago. Unless!...He's looking in BOTH places! :roll:

I think I'd rent to GreenFrog. Sure sounded legit to me! :lol:

Jay.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Jay,

Did you really? In Florida?? How far did you take it?

I think I'll refer him to Greenfrog as he seems to know the lingo!
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

jayvollstedt wrote: I think I'd rent to GreenFrog. Sure sounded legit to me! :lol:
Jay.
Dear Jay,
I am greenfrog and
I am delighted that you want to rent from me for some weeks or maybe many weeks, I mean for some time. Please send me five times the stated price now as I would like to buy another property in my area and that will be ok by me.

:lol:
Lounging on the lily pad...
Ann

Post by Ann »

Let's all rent with Greenfrog! He won't know where to put us all!
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Hello greenfrog. Am Daisy.
Me and my family are wondering how you are renting this romantic montmartre apartment. Just wondering if your really fully booked on 21st September I mean 21st and 22nd well I'm referring to the third weekend in September as my husband is playing a gig on 21st and we need somewhere to crash afterwards. I will be very glad to send you the money for the monthly rental then you can send me back cheque for balance before I clean out you bank account :D

(Actually Greeny, the above is true - I really do need somewhere to stay on the night of the 21st as my OH is playing that night in the reservoir club. Are you really booked then? If so, can you recommend a good, cheap hotel? thanx!)
jayvollstedt

Re: I'm not even open in October!

Post by jayvollstedt »

Ann wrote:Jay,

Did you really? In Florida?? How far did you take it?

I think I'll refer him to Greenfrog as he seems to know the lingo!
Ann,

Yep, I believe it was the same wording - EXACTLY! I'm not sure I took this one very far. I HAVE been known to "mess" with these guys when I'm bored and have the time. BTW, if you are having a bad day with Nigerian scams, check this site out: http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/
I'm pretty sure this guy is my hero! :D

Jay.
jayvollstedt

Post by jayvollstedt »

greenfrog wrote: Dear Jay,
I am greenfrog and
I am delighted that you want to rent from me for some weeks or maybe many weeks, I mean for some time. Please send me five times the stated price now as I would like to buy another property in my area and that will be ok by me.

:lol:
Dear greenfrog,

I will like to send you a cheque. Well it is for too much money. But that is OK. We do not care what your gite, that is being a vacation rental, looks like. I will like to correspond by e-mail only. my wife Margaret (this is my wife she is 41 and 8 months with baby) and me is both geophysicists in jungles in Philipines. Well we have no access to phone, that is we have no phone in the tent, meaning there is no phone well. Amazingly we have a T1 Internet connection. We, being me and my wife (who is margaret), will like to pay for a full 2 years now with check. We hope that this is acceptable. I will like to send this money today. God Bless!

Murray James

(I saw a website that has a Nigerian Scam form letter, where you can just fill in the blanks - can't remember the site, but it sure would be easier than trying think this stuff up! I'm with you, greenfrog - I'm frazzled after writing this! 8) )

Jay.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All..

Had a right giggle thanks great way to start the day[some of you have hidden talents :wink: ]

Greenfrog Daisys actually asking a legit question here[Im frightened itll get lost in the melee of madness :wink: ]
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All.. :D

Had a right giggle thanks great way to start the day[some of you have hidden talents :wink: :lol: ]

Greenfrog..... Daisys actually asking a legit question here[Im frightened itll get lost in the melee of madness :wink]
(Actually Greeny, the above is true - I really do need somewhere to stay on the night of the 21st as my OH is playing that night in the reservoir club. Are you really booked then? If so, can you recommend a good, cheap hotel? thanx!)