All my Posts

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
reddevil

All my Posts

Post by reddevil »

I find it difficult to keep track of the posts that I have contributed to and I don;t want to get an e-mail everytime there is a reply.

Is there somewhere where I can easily get a list of the posts I have made?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
paolo

Post by paolo »

Yes!

Click on your 'Profile' button, and there you will see a link under your name - 'Find all posts by reddevil'

If you want to search for a specific post, use the 'Search' button at the top, and put in your username and any words or phrases you know were in the post, and select the option for including all those terms in the search.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Also, if you edit your profile, there is a checkbox (I believe it's near the bottom) where you can ask not to be notified if anyone responds to your post.

You also have this option whenever you make a post -- it's after the main text box. I believe you can *also* Start or Stop "Watching This Thread" via a link at the bottom of every thread.

Cheers!
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

In any case that email notification is unreliable - I cannot work out why, but for some users the emails are not received.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Whoops, I just logged onto the Forums Index and noticed 3 links at the top right....one of them is "View your posts" and this seems to be what I was looking for. Sorry for not noticing before! :(
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Yes Paolo I cannot get notified via email on replies to posts even though I have tried two email addresses! Any more ideas? How many other people is it happening to?
paolo

Post by paolo »

Meishka,
That's a common problem here and I haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Unfortunately you cannot rely on this function to stay in touch with replies.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Hi RD!
I use the "View posts since my last visit" (or whatever it says) and scan those for anything new. Do you use that too?
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Yup, that's the one I use and it works a treat. Also, if I haven't logged on for a while I use the View Your Posts clickable so that I can at least remember what I have been saying.