One from ROLLAND

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
caroig

One from ROLLAND

Post by caroig »

I received this one a couple of days ago. I did try the phone number a couple of times, more than anything to see what setup they have. As expected it comes up continuously busy or unavailable.
Although the email itself has a yahoo address it and claims to be from the UK - it actually originates from an italian ISP.
ACCOMMODATION REQUEST......................

Hi,My name is ROLLAND HAYLEE,I am from England.I want to to book for reservations.
Below is our booking dates

Arrival : 10th nov 2007

Departure: 17th nov 2007

No of persons 4 (adult)
NO OF NIGTES 7NIGHTS

Mode of payment: Credit card or cashiers check

Please, don't hesitate to email me back with your availability,room list and rates.

I am ROLLAND HAYLEE.

Ph +44 704 573 5522
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

My bean-intuition tells me this is a hoax. Particularly as you're having no joy with the number, the hotmail account is rather suspect, as is the payment method they're suggesting.

Is November a typical month for rentals in your area ?

I would ignore, if it were me. If he's serious and really wants your place he'll try again.

Would also suggest forwarding it to the listing company it came through as often they can do more investigations.

Cheerio
Beanie
caroig

Post by caroig »

I'm sure you're right. I'd assumed it was a hoax and haven't bothered replying.
If I though they'd do anything I report it to the ISP - it was a direct mail not through an agency