Where to advertise property for sale

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
Sara

Where to advertise property for sale

Post by Sara »

I really want to sell my villa in Greece. Although we are getting a turnover of more than 30000 euros a year, so a good investment, I want to try soemthing else with my capital.

Any ideas on which media would be best to advertise in in the UK or suitable websites?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sara
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Off the top of my head, 'A Place in the Sun' magazine might be one idea Sara?
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Hi Sara,

A Place in the Sun magazine is certainly a good place to start.

It might also be worth considering advertising in this magazine which targets Grecophiles... Greece magazine.

The Red Guide, published by the same company, is a guide to purchasing a property in Greece. I've not bought this magazine, but it might be a good resource for contacts.

Both magazines are available from WHSmith.

Eileen
Holiday Villa Rental in Arillas, Corfu,
Greece
Sara

Post by Sara »

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I have lived outside the UK and have lost touch with the publications!

Sara
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Sara - good luck, it looks a super property.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Sara

When we put our gite complex up for sale recently, we first created a blog with full information and pictures. Because our likely market was the UK, we advertised in the property pages of the weekend broadsheets and got a good response.

Thanks to the blog, we were able to take tiny (and relatively cheap) adverts with just a few words and a link to the blog. By the time potential purchasers phoned us, they'd already absorbed a good deal about the property and were serious punters rather than dreamers.

Good luck with the sale.

Jim
Sara

Post by Sara »

I do wish I knew something about blogs but I'm a complete computer novice!! Something to look into though.

Can you believe it, today I've got a serious enquiry for July 2008 - far earlier than usual. It's so difficult to know what to do. I'm scared that with all the fires experienced in the Peloponnese this year and all the associated media coverage we may not get the usual level of bookings next year if we keep the villa so really don't want to put off this enquiry. But, if I accept the booking how on earth can I sell? All difficult!!

Sara