What do you all think of this one?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
The Olive Grove

What do you all think of this one?

Post by The Olive Grove »

First contact:

"Hello, We are writting to make enquiries, if there is vacancy from 15th January to 2nd February 2008, we are getting married on 10th January, 2008. We have planned to spend our Honey moon at your Cottage/Vacation place, kindly get back to me with the total cost, and let me know if the total money includes all the utility, get back to us asap, JENNY & SMITH,"

second email:

"Thank you very much, let me know all the total cost for the payment and if you can accept cheque/draft is because my lawyer his incharge of my payment,send me your name address and phone number and get back to me asap.

Thanks
Jenny."
paolo

Post by paolo »

Scam!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

That's what I thought initially, and then definitely when asking for name, address and phone number. Do I now just totally ignore any further approaches, still new to this game?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Absolutely a scam and definitely ignore further inquiries. My lawyer is in charge of paying for my wedding! Ha!
Brooke
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yahoo email address?

MG
Marks

Post by Marks »

Scam. Always tempting to scam bait but don't waste your time. Barges and poles spring to mind.