Long Term let Headache

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Yes, well, there's nothing more you can do then. Some people ARE just hard work, as you say, they had been before :? .Onwards and upwards :wink:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Just a thought...is there a place where they can get WiFi like a cafe in the village?

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That was going to be my question too Mousie! Enid, you're going to be away this weekend, right? What is to stop those turnips (good description Frise!) from going into Marmande while you're away if they're desperate? Our guests manage without internet, and although we're going to get connected, it's not specifically in the interests of any long lets we get - they are probably going to turn out to be a loss-making exercise anyway, they're on such a great deal.

Grrr, grrr, and grrr again!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Wol

Post by Wol »

I also wondered what was available in the village. I suppose it has to be WiFi? We joined the local Médiatheque and use the internet there. It's a great place to meet local people, and if they are house hunting, presumably they want to meet local people?

Also, the Wizard tells me that he doesn't think WiFi works very well in buildings with thick stone walls.
Wol
Not the Wizard of Aus - that's MOH

http://daysontheclaise.blogspot.com/
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Wol wrote:
Also, the Wizard tells me that he doesn't think WiFi works very well in buildings with thick stone walls.
It doesn't. My Australian guests have been sitting outside to connect today as my wifi only works inside the next door gite. However, they are really grateful to have any sort of connection at all in the countryside. They don't want to be on line for hours, just enough to pick up and send e mails and check the stocks and shares price (and fortunately it isn't raining :) )
enid

Post by enid »

bonjour atous - I'm here in the Isle of man just waiting for hubby to finish a meeting and take me to lunch!!!!

Re wifi in the village - they have to drive twenty minutes to get an Internet cafe - I can check if |Internet id available at the library in the next village $K away.

Re wifi and stone walls - I did tell him that I wouldget it in the gite if I could but the building may work against it - I have managed to get it in there but it is fragile
My Australian guests have been sitting outside to connect today as my wifi only works inside the next door gite. However, they are really grateful to have any sort of connection at all in the countryside.
My Italian scientists came to sit on our covered terrace to ensure their connection. I have told him that he can use K's office at any time - but just not when I am not at home.

I did try to sepak to them before I left but at midday all the curtains were closed so I just left them a note saying that I was leaving and that I'd be back on Tuesday.

We'll see then
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Glad people have mentioned about wi-fi and thick stone walls as that's handy to know in advance of doing the internet thing at our property. Thanks! :)

Have a great weekend Enid.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Have a great weekend Enid.
I think we can bet our bottom dollar on that GG..
I can even feel the 'Happy Vibes' coming through her post :wink:

Good for you Enid!![and Good for K Im sure :) ...]
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Hi Enid,
I was just wondering if things are better for you now?
enid

Post by enid »

Aw thanks for asking. When I came back from my weekend I didn't go round to the gite - K told me to treat it as though I didn't live on site. They had left their rent in the post box. I didn't see them for a few days!!! - they came and went without coming to see me so that was OK. Then I was cutting the lawn and he had to talk to me as he had left his wife at the hairdresser and she had the key - so I was able to help him out - he didn't mention the wifi! Kevin is home today and the locateurs are back on Sunday so he is going to speak to them. He is going to point out to them that we have provided everything that is in the contract and that the internet has always been a free addition. - I'll keep you informed.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Enid,

If having wifi in the gite becomes important you could always instal a repeater in an appropriate place.

Alan
enid

Post by enid »

Alan is that a booster? if so I have forked out 99€ for one
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

They don't work in my house.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

enid wrote:Alan is that a booster? if so I have forked out 99€ for one
La Vache wrote:They don't work in my house.
In effect they are boosters but they also re-direct the signals.

They have to be very carefully positioned to get the signals round solid walls but it is not always possible to do so.

Alan
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm going to try an external arial, if that doesn't work I'll have to enable a phone line in the end gite and buy another router, the expensive option.