Subscriptions spam blocked

To suggest improvements and additions to the forum, or ask about technical difficulties using the forum.
Windy

Subscriptions spam blocked

Post by Windy »

Hi

I tried to subscribe to the newsletter this morning but my e-mail got blocked. I tried sending ana email to the contact email to tell Paolo but THAT got blocked too!!
contact@laymyhat.com
SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<contact@laymyhat.com>:
host rcom-outblaze-com.mr.outblaze.com [205.158.62.206]:
554 EMail from mailserver at 85.234.146.50 is refused. See http://spamblock.outblaze.com/85.234.146.50
Just thought you'd want to know

J
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

But I don't think there's anything to subscribe to anymore - didn't this forum take over from the newsletter?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Windy

Post by Windy »

Well there is still a "subscribe" button on the newsletter pages and the front page, so in that case the site must be out of date Tsk! tsk! Naughty Paolo. :lol:

In any event the autogenerated emailss shouldn't be getting caught in a spam trap - If what you are saying is correct Kathy then they should be getting a response saying that the newsletter is no more.

J
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Windermere Lodge wrote:Well there is still a "subscribe" button on the newsletter pages and the front page, so in that case the site must be out of date Tsk! tsk! Naughty Paolo. :lol:

In any event the autogenerated emailss shouldn't be getting caught in a spam trap - If what you are saying is correct Kathy then they should be getting a response saying that the newsletter is no more.

J
Hmm, true. Paolo??
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
paolo

Post by paolo »

There has not been a newsletter for quite a long time but it is not actually killed off. The forum has pretty much taken over.

If your emails are bouncing it is because the mail server you are using has been used to send spam (not by you but by someone) and is being blocked. I don't know the solution to this, unless you use a different email address.
Paolo
Lay My Hat