The flies, the flies...

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Stu

Post by Stu »

We had a 'guest' this summer who chose to leave early after suffering a terrible night's sleep due to the 'noise' from a softly strumming guitar at 1am; The day after, having been invited to chat about it in my office, he demanded a 'refund' and asked the same question; 'what about your reputation?'. Red rag to a bull, I'm afraid. At this point I showed him the bookings for next year, from folks already having been twice, or three times and said 'there's MY reputation, where's yours?'

Needless to say, he left with nothing. My reputation as far as I know is still intact.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

At this point I showed him the bookings for next year, from folks already having been twice, or three times and said 'there's MY reputation, where's yours?'

Needless to say, he left with nothing. My reputation as far as I know is still intact.
Good for you Stu!!...
[you werent singing as well though were ya :wink: cos then Id understand! :lol: ]..Im joking of course...
Stu

Post by Stu »

I wouldn't have minded if I was Ros (and would hzve offered a free holiday too), but I'd lent my guitar to another guest (returning here for the 4th time next summer, incidentally). He is the mildest of men, and a closet muso. I'd never heard him play before, and after a few glasses, he asked if he could have a go, so we traded songs etc.
enid

Post by enid »

It's obvious from your site that you have more than one gite plus a campsite. Anyone booking with you should realise that they will have to live alongside other guests. If there was unreasonable noise one evening it would be appropriate for them to ask you to have a word with the other guests to avoid a recurrence of any unreasonable noise. Leaving like he did tells me he was just looking for an excuse.
Stu

Post by Stu »

I couldn't agree more Enid. There were lots of kids at the time too (high season August), and he said he wanted to get away from all that to a quiet place! Fair enough, but at least be honest. In fact, they were the only people disturbed by the noise, and not even the closest to the source!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

... they are actually covered in a rather beautiful coat of wavy golden hair ...
Thanks Helen and Wol, I found this amount of information fascinating and absorbing. One minute I'm grumpily hoovering up skip-loads of dead flies and the next, I've entered a whole new world of discovery about the cluster fly and his wavy golden hair. Sad that he loses it with age. A bit like James Taylor, I suppose.

Jim