Building work compensation

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
mario

Building work compensation

Post by mario »

We have just heard from our current renters that the villa next door has started building again after 18 months with virtually no work taking place due to a dispute that was going to court.

Now it may be that they are again doing odd bits of work but I have had the renter phone me complaining about the noise as they are using a motorised cement mixer and they have had no joy from the builder,they say it starts up at 7.30am but I think they are exadurating .Anyway I do have in my terms and conditions that there may be building work going on around the urbanisation outside of the August builder holidays.

Should I offer some compensation if the building has continued,I had already reduced there week from £940 to £900 before I knew about the building.
cc

Post by cc »

some will disagree but I wouldn't offer any cash compensation, maybe arrange a gift or free dinner or something like that as a gesture of goodwill.
It is beyond your control and you even mention the possibility of it in your T&Cs. If they were staying in a hotel and the place next door was a building site they would not expect or get any compensation. If you knew about it beforehand it would be different.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?