Sales Websites

If you're buying or selling, tell others about it here. Or ask other owners for advice.
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

e-richard wrote: I think I have spotted a significant omission:

If a potential buyer finds your site and likes what they see, how do they contact you ? :wink:
:oops:

I've put the price in euros now thanks to the constant slide of the £ against the € at the moment! I could lose a lot if I keep the price in sterling...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

http://brittanygites.squarespace.com/welcome/

LV, I think the blog is terrific. The speed you've created it makes it obvious why your business is so successful.

My only suggestion might be to beef up the 'area' section with a little more information, possibly with links to interesting local websites. When potential buyers are reading your blog with sheets of rain rattling their windows on a bleak winter's day in darkest Angleterre, to be able to jump onto a magic carpet of exciting links and transport themselves to a new life where the sun always shines and the living is easy could be a powerful aphrodisiac.

Good luck with the sale.

Jim
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Jimbo wrote: My only suggestion might be to beef up the 'area' section with a little more information, possibly with links to interesting local websites.
Good idea Jim - I'll get on to it.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Jimbo wrote: where the sun always shines and the living is easy
:wink:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
helene

Post by helene »

LV - Had a look at the new business page and it looks good - I know what you mean about the exchange rate changes and I too have been watching the rise of Euros and was wondering whether to raise next year's prices (on remaining weeks to allow for this).

GG - sorry to hear you are still a nomad - should we pick you up in our motor-home on the way down to Portugal/Spain?:lol:
Can't be funny though at this time of year - any sign of a near settlement?

Helene
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

What a lovely idea Helene - you're on!!!

Vague stirrings again by the loss adjuster, (:roll:) so keep your fingers crossed Helene, and thanks for asking.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Links added Jim, ad is going in one of the broadsheets this weekend & next, not sure if it is the best time, but at least with the blog I will get a good idea of hits.
Thanks again for all your advice :D
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

ad is going in one of the broadsheets this weekend & next, not sure if it is the best time
LV, we didn't know either. In the end, we settled for 'early Spring' - ie: late February/early March - in the hope that potential purchasers would have recovered from Xmas/New Year and got their buying boots on. But we were guessing.

I remember the broadsheets did deals for 'block bookings'. If you bought four weeks, you got one for free plus a listing on their on-line property website.

Jim