Christmas cards to old / new guests ?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

It was our first year of letting out our house last year and decided to send out christmas cards. Got some printed free with a picture of the house on the front and a business card inside. So far no repeat bookings but still keeping fingers crossed!!
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

And, of course, I should add that you're all welcome to be on my Christmas card list if you want to come and stay in the Lakes :lol: . Happy New Year to everyone.
Christine Kenyon

Hello ah20206. That's sound like a wonderful idea (and your website looks gorgeous!). How did you get them printed for free?

In the past, I have used postcards of our area instead of Christmas cards. One of our regulars then sent us a card with a picture of Manchester .... so that we could see where he lived!
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Christine Kenyon wrote:Hello ah20206. That's sound like a wonderful idea (and your website looks gorgeous!). How did you get them printed for free?
Hi, and thank you for your comments on our website!
I used a company called vistaprint (www.vistaprint.co.uk) which have differents offers running all the time and they change reguarly. I just waited until the christmas cards were free (with the exception of the P&P). I also ordered business cards and post-it notes all with our logo on.

Was very pleased with the results - one word of warning though, once they have your email address they send you new offers every couple of days so be prepared for that! (or use an email address you don't look at very often)
-------------------------------------------------------------
www.lapagerie.com - Holiday house to rent
www.sompt.com - The renovation of our house
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Vistaprint is widely used by LMH members; I recently designed my own business card with image, an achievement for me, I can tell you! The service from them was extremely prompt, and the end result terrific!

Good luck with your bookings AH! More about Vistaprint here:

viewtopic.php?t=5691

viewtopic.php?t=299

viewtopic.php?t=4373

viewtopic.php?t=491
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
kirkland

Post by kirkland »

We just started last July and sent cards to all our guests, we`ve had two repeat bookings so far, so I think it`s a good idea
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Good for you Kirkland... :)
Well Done.Hope theres loads of other bookings winging there way tp you.. :)
Christine Kenyon

Hello Kirkland - and nearly neighbour :o. Your cottages look lovely so hopefully the bookings will continue to flood in.

We've now had 8 bookings from our Christmas cards so we'll certainly be doing it again next year. Only I might just send a postcard next time!
Christine Kenyon

Hello Kirkland - and nearly neighbour :o. Your cottages look lovely so hopefully the bookings will continue to flood in.

We've now had 8 bookings from our Christmas cards so we'll certainly be doing it again next year. Only I might just send a postcard next time!
enid

Post by enid »

Well after being slowed down with bronchitis I finally got round to sending a Happy New Year newsletter thingy to our past guests. In it I mentioned, amongst other things,that we had had some landscaping done with a JCB, were thnking seriously about heating the pool and were offeringe a shopping service ( thanks Stu for thelist). As bookings aren't rolling in here ( don't worry they'll come this is the normal pattern here) I needed a bit of a boost and I got this.

Enid

stop doing all this work, its great as it is, the pool is warm enough as it is

Is that Kevin on the digger?

If Henry finds out there is a digger he will be so excited, it will keep him amused all holiday, so my recommendation is -forget the heating, and get a digger

What's all this about shopping? Let them do their own shopping, you are just making work for yourselves

Relieved to hear Kevin will be there in the summer, he needs to run a cookery school, that's the future

Newsletter is so professional

see you soon

This is one of our very first clients back for the 5th time this year - last year they converted one of their barns into a self catering cottage in te Derbyshire Dales and we are going there in April with a group of French friends. This client really has become a bit more than that for us :D