And, they keep coming!

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Alan Knighting

And, they keep coming!

Post by Alan Knighting »

Very recently I had an enquiry through one of my Listing Sites. The enquiry was written in perfectly good plain English.

It was from someone who claimed to be an English doctor working on an American aircraft carrier in the Gulf. Therefore, he told me, he couldn’t give me a postal address in the UK. He added that he couldn’t give me a telephone number either because mobile telephones interfere with the radar on American aircraft carriers.

His story was that he couldn’t attend his best friend’s wedding but to make up for his absence he was paying for a surprise honeymoon. He couldn’t tell me who the friend was; otherwise it wouldn’t be a surprise.

When he told me he had a cashier’s cheque just waiting to be sent to me I wasn’t surprised either. When I told him I only accept Stirling or Euro cheques issued by clearing banks for the actual amount due (or actual cash) I was greeted by total silence. What a surprise.

How can anybody be taken in by this obvious load of you-know-what?

Alan
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Alan

I can almost do 1 better, I had a nun today wanting to book for 6 months. I'm afraid I don't have time to play games with them, so just press delete.

What I do find odd is; someone else's email address is on it besides the sender's and ours. That has happened before with scams.

Prats :!: :!:

Chianti
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Chianti wrote:Alan

I can almost do 1 better, I had a nun today wanting to book for 6 months. I'm afraid I don't have time to play games with them, so just press delete.

What I do find odd is; someone else's email address is on it besides the sender's and ours. That has happened before with scams.

Prats :!: :!:

Chianti
I had one a bit like that a while ago. A priest attending a conference. The strange thing was that the conference was at least a six hours drive from my cottages. He wanted convenience and I offered him one, the toilet.

Alan
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Alan

One of these days I too will respond and if you don't mind, use your idea.

Chianti