Anyone got a clue what this one is?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Mountain Goat

Anyone got a clue what this one is?

Post by Mountain Goat »

Puzzled over this one, from an Italian email address:

Good morning wanted to ask her a collaboration, it needs me red madrelingua that inserts for mè you announce of our agency, I can insert iil his/her announcement or its announcements in my portal and in my blog

Maybe via one of the instant translation sites?

MG
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

Can we exchange links - darling? :oops:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mmm, well, perhaps. 'Madrelingua' - mother tongue?

'Red madrelingua'?

MG
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Can we exchange links - darling?
Id be worried that Bobbys come out of the closet[or should that be pig pen]and called you 'darling'..... MG :roll:

Tee hee :wink: :lol:
Rocket Rab

Re: Anyone got a clue what this one is?

Post by Rocket Rab »

Mountain Goat wrote: Maybe via one of the instant translation sites?
...well, at least I won't be out of a job any time soon, if that's the case ? 8)

RR (with audible sigh of relief...)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: it needs a translator to translate the translation!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It used to be fun to shove something in Google Translate, and go, say, from English to French, then back to English - complete nonsense, clutch sides, great joke etc.

But look at this:

English
It is well known that at this time of year, when we are approaching Christmas, the majority of LMH members have nothing to do but make a cup of tea with their much loved family cat.

English to French
Il est bien connu que, à cette époque de l'année, alors que nous approchons de Noël, la majorité des membres LMH n'ont rien à voir, mais aussi en faire une tasse de thé avec leur famille beaucoup aimé chat.

French back to English
It is well known that, at this time of year, as we approach Christmas, the majority of members LMH have nothing to do but make a cup of tea with their families loved cat.

Not bad?

And take it from English to French, through German and back to English:

Es ist bekannt, dass zu dieser Zeit des Jahres, wenn wir nähern Weihnachten, die Mehrheit der LMH Mitglieder nichts zu tun haben, sondern auch eine Tasse Tee mit ihrer Familie viel geliebt Katze.

Il est bien connu que, à cette époque de l'année, lorsque nous approchons de Noël, la majorité des membres de LMH n'ont rien à voir, mais aussi une tasse de thé avec sa famille beaucoup aimé chat.

It is well known that, at this time of year, when we get to Christmas, the majority of LMH have nothing to do, but a cup of tea with his family loved cat.

For a language impaired Brit goat, I'm impressed....RR watch your step?

MG
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Mountain Goat wrote:
For a language impaired Brit goat, I'm impressed....RR watch your step?
Mmm, MG, I feel this really warrants an expletive, :lol:, but I will settle for saying it's rubbish... (both the French and German versions...!). So I should be able to keep myself in lettuce for some time yet....